“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

The staff and management here do an exceptional job. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The decor and the feeling of the hotel takes you back in time. Yet you have all the modern ameneties to. From the keurig coffee maker and the flat screen tvs, to the updated baths, this hotel has it all. If you are near Lynchburg, stay the night!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Rigby, Id
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

The only reason I gave any 4 ratings was due to the train. We were in room 106 and it faces the direction the train comes from. The whistle is the only problem. The room could use better lighting. One of the windows has a huge draft and the shade doest go up. Eady fixes. I forgot to tell the staff. Opps. Loved having do many great restaurants near by. Try the bistro just up the street..alexanders I think its called. We stayed a week and loved everything except the train whistle. Would have loved a hot tub or a tub to relax in. Just a suggestion.

• Stayed February 2013
Hastings, Michigan
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The staff were extremely helpful and courteous! Unfortunately several things out of their control made our stay a bit of a disappointment. We stayed in two separate rooms, one night each. In the first room our window shade would not close. Which on a different floor wouldn't have made much of a difference, but our room faced the parking lot. Mgt and maintenance pinned the shade together to get by until more permanent repairs could be completed. The shower spilled water onto the floor, which we felt compelled to wipe up. Room two had a faulty furnace and would not raise the room temperature above 66 degrees. Mgt provided two space heaters which was nice. However, when my wife turned on the blow dryer the circuit breaker tripped turning electricity off to our room. And then the hot water ran out for the shower. On a positive note, the continental breakfasts were good. Again the staff were as helpful as they could have been. The mgr compensated us for the mechanical difficulties.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Garynewt04
CTHotelDirector, General Manager at Craddock Terry Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. A wise mentor told me to always accept feedback as a gift, and here at Craddock Terry, we welcome these gifts. To remain the premier accommodation in Lynchburg, we need to listen to our guests and continually improve ourselves and the property. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with us this past weekend, with an unfortunate perpetuation of some unforeseen issues.

Yep, you’re right. The drapes are an issue. They’re gorgeous, 20 feet tall and heavy. Some rooms experience issues as a result of this. We’re currently working with our designer to resolve the issue through the use fixing the existing beautiful panels and installing easier to operate and less weighty Roman Shades for the blackout drape. This should be resolved very quickly. As for your other concerns, I apologize and thank you for allowing us to resolve those issues for you. Generally, we rarely have service or equipment issues, as you can see by our previous guest comments. We really do try to create a perfect experience for our guests.

I am proud to hear your affirmation of our staff handling each situation with genuine hospitality and professionalism. Again, I truly apologize for your experience. I would like to personally invite you back next time you’re in Lynchburg, and can assure you it will be a wonderful stay as it normally would be.

All the best,
Todd Swindell, Hotel Director
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I travel to Lynchburg a few times a year. I have stayed at a few other hotels in the area and I am never as satisfied as at the Craddock Terry. With a great pizzeria by the river, Shoemakers (full service restaurant) next door, Main Street access, great jogging along the James River, fantastic serevice, a cool dog and ..... here's the best ...... the most beautiful and unique hotel rooms anywhere I will not stay anyplace else.

Room Tip: Ask for the main floor in the shoe factory.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
League City, Texas
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel! The staff could not have been friendlier or more accomodating. The furnishings were amazing and the bed was super comfy. I loved the breakfast in the morning, as well as the Keurhig in each room. The business center allows for free access, which is a nice change of pace. I ate a both restaurants and enjoyed the experience quite well. I cannot wait to go back again!

Room Tip: I stayed in the shoe factory part of the hotel and loved it!. Super high ceilings and large rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed 1 night at the Craddock Terry and it really was a cool hotel. I loved all of the old shoes on display and especially loved their resident dog, Buster Brown! He was lounging in the sunny lobby when we were checking out. The breakfast they leave for you each morning is pretty average - croissant, yogurt, fruit and delicious orange juice...if it wasn't fresh squeezed, then I need to find out what brand they're using! The only negative that I encountered was that the bathroom in the room didn't seem to have any heating vents, so getting out of the shower was chilly (although the shower was awesome - huge!) and the room was pretty dark with only a couple lamps to read by. Other than that, highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My son lives nearby, in walking distance actually, in an historic building which has been converted to apartments. My parents, aged 77 & 80, wanted to visit him. Since his apt is a small one bedroom, I needed a hotel room for my parents and wanted them nearby. They were like kids in a candy store! They had never stayed anywhere so nice and enjoyed everything about the hotel, especially my mom, since she loves shoes! And my dad, who can be hard to please, thoroughly enjoyed it. The trains didn't bother them at all and they do have sound machines for the people who need them. There is nothing negative to say about this hotel. It was spotlessly clean, elegant and a true joy. My sister and I plan to go back soon, and this time we are staying there, instead of sleeping on an air mattress in my son's apt!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family