“Visit Nov 7 thru Nov 9th”

Craddock Terry Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed November 17, 2011

The Craddock Terry staff could not be more friendly and helpful. The hotel is beautiful and the bed is very comfortable.

The only draw back was that I was assigned the King William Suite which was a beautiful room, but was located above the bar and below the event room. I arrived a few hours prior to my appointment hoping I could nap and be fresh for my meeting that evening, I arrived in my room and was meet by loud music and laughter from the bar below. I left and went somewhere else to unwind and get ready for my meeting.

I arrived back at room around 9 pm only to meet with louder music, laughter and noise from the bar below my room. I contacted the front desk and they said the bar would close by 10 p.m. The bar closed and the noise stopped around 10:30 p.m

The next night I came back to the room at 8 p.m. and the music was even louder this night. I asked to be moved but no room was available. The music still was playing very loudly at 10:30 and that is when I contacted the front desk. The music finally stopped around 11p.m.

If you want a quiet cozy room this room is not the place to be. The front desk should know this and warn customers of the inconvenience.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank James W

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was born in Lynchburg and also went to Liberty University. Whenever I return from now on to get away from home or to visit, I will be staying at this hotel.

It's in an old shoe factory (my grandmother worked there) and it has been converted into a hotel and restaurant. Amazing hotel, great rooms and a surprisingly inexpensive price.

The breakfast comes in an old shoe shine box. The ceilings are large with beams - the rooms are about as big as my entire first apartment.

Excellent place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Came in for one night for my college reunion and was lucky to get a room at the Craddock Terry. Everything about this place is great - beautiful lobby, interesting decor and love all the exposed brick - very cozy and welcoming. Had a King Suite room which was gorgeous. The most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. Loved the bathroom - big whirlpool tub and hug glass enclosed shower with the most delicious smelling organic body products. No breakfast offered Sunday mornings so they provide free homemade bagels, muffins etc in a vintage shoe box that you place outside your door with your order & they deliver it fresh in the morning. The only negative is that the hotel is situated right next to train tracks and a freight train ran by every two hours in the middle of the night and blew it's whistle. Not sure if this happens all the time but it did occur the Sat night that I stayed. It was a bummer and the only thing that prevented me from giving it a 5 star review.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Bruce M
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I spent one night here during an unscheduled visit to Lynchburg. The Trip Advisor reviews were enticing, so we were fortunate to secure a room for the night. The hotel is housed in a former shoe factory. Our room was lovely with old brick walls and high ceilings with exposed wood beams. The bath was quite large with a beautiful shower. The room was clean and the furnishings appeared new. We especially loved the breakfast service. What a unique concept....a shoe shine box with a breakfast menu. We filled out the card and placed the box by the door. The next morning, we had fruit, muffins, and juice waiting for us by the door! The staff was friendly and helpful...especially with directions to the local sites. We were charmed by Lynchburg and plan to return next year. We will definitely stay at the Craddock Terry when we return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My daughter and I were visitors to the Craddock earlier this month and loved it. She was impressed with the detail of the hotel, especially the walk-in encased shower. It felt great to come "home" after an intense day at Liberty to take a shower and plop in the bed without any fear of possibly getting bit like my previous experience at another local hotel in Lynchburg. Every time I have class at Liberty, this will be my home away from home and I will leave my daughter home because she loved the Waterstone and Shoemaker restaurants.

If I must say; however, I did hear the trains run at least 4 times each night and did not realize that I could request a way for "noise reduction" to occur in the room. I just wish the front desk would've introduced that little tidbit to me before going to my room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2011

A top notch historic hotel with gorgeous large rooms, comfortable and well decorated. I would love staying here again.. Just two points of constructive criticism. (1)The bathroom tub (bathroom also has a standup separate shower) is very deep and long. It was the largest regular bathtub I've seen, the only problem is I had difficulty because of the size in getting in and out without falling. This could be easily eliminated with the installation of a grab bar along the side. (2) I had a real problem with the internet service which is so important to many of us in this tech world. What was disturbing was that despite excellent service in other areas, no one seemed to take this particulary seriously. If those two things don't bother you than certainly, stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2011

What a great time I had for two nights in Lynchburg. The Craddock Terry was wonderful, the service was outstanding. The novel use of the shoe shine kit boxes outside the rooms for breakfast orders was such a clever idea. The convenience to the historic areas of downtown was perfect for my needs and the hike along the river helped me use up some of the calories I consumed a the Shoemaker's Grill! The ambience of the building has ruined me for the more modern hotels of today.

Room Tip: There was a fridge and coffee and tea maker in the room. Water was included to use for making either...