“Pleasant surprise!”

Ranked #10 of 321 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family-style dining American comfort foods served tableside in bowls and platters.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stopped here on a trip from Richmond to Smith Mountain Lake with friends. The family style dining was great. They had additional side dishes available with produce from local growers. Side dishes were plentiful and entrees (roast beef and chicken) reminded me of grandmother's cooking. All for a more than reasonable price. We will definitely stop there again!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

First time eating here and it was very impressive. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was divine, and the service was very friendly! Definitely worth eating here!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Today, after church, we decided to drive down the road a bit and have lunch at the Spring House Restaurant. We had eaten here years ago when it was under other management and name, but hadn't visited recently. The food was delicious. We loved the family style dining.....our table chose fried fish and shrimp and both were cooked to perfection. Our choice of sides included mashed potatoes (real potatoes and not out of a box), gravy, green beans, corn pudding, sweet potato casserole, and cinnamon apples. With that we were served homemade biscuits with homemade apple butter. As a bowl would empty, we were asked if we wanted more and of course we said yes. Finally after stuffing ourselves heartily, we then were given a choice for dessert.....hot fudge sundae, peach cobbler, key lime pie, or chocolate chip cake served with vanilla icecream. We each had something different and they were all delicious. The owner came and spoke with us to make sure everything was satisfactory. He is a true southern gentleman in every way. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting not only a delicious meal, but one that was very reasonably priced. We will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We decided to stop through here on our way from Roanoke to Petersburg. Didnt realize at first that we had to order family-style, but we said, "what the heck, we're hungry!" Turned out to be the best decision!! Their food was southern home cooking style favorites (Fried steak, mac n chz, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn pudding, etc) and you each could choose an entree and then 5 sides. Turned out to be enough for a whole other meal for the two of us with leftovers! Whether we had taken the leftovers home or not, the price would be worth it... every single item I tried was some of the best I've ever had of it!!! The staff was polite and welcoming, the atmosphere was very nice, and the food just excellent!! Wish I lived closer!!!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

On a recent trip through Buckingham on my way in to Lynchburg, the Spring House Dining caught my attention, not sure why but my sister suggest that I may like it here. So we decided to stop and eat here. I must admit this was a surprisingly but great experience. The service was great, the food was awesome and the music was on point. The total vibe of this location was just right, and I intend to stop in to enjoy the total vibe as often as I can. I have traveled and around the world and have eaten at a number of places, I must say this location is in the top 5 of my visited restaurants when you compare the full ambiance of the restaurants. A. Jones

1  Thank Ajaye4all