“Delicious!!”

Ranked #11 of 334 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family-style dining - American Southern comfort foods served tableside in bowls and platters / Wedding Reception and Banquet Hall
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Today, after church, we decided to drive down the road a bit and have lunch at the Spring House Restaurant. We had eaten here years ago when it was under other management and name, but hadn't visited recently. The food was delicious. We loved the family style dining.....our table chose fried fish and shrimp and both were cooked to perfection. Our choice of sides included mashed potatoes (real potatoes and not out of a box), gravy, green beans, corn pudding, sweet potato casserole, and cinnamon apples. With that we were served homemade biscuits with homemade apple butter. As a bowl would empty, we were asked if we wanted more and of course we said yes. Finally after stuffing ourselves heartily, we then were given a choice for dessert.....hot fudge sundae, peach cobbler, key lime pie, or chocolate chip cake served with vanilla icecream. We each had something different and they were all delicious. The owner came and spoke with us to make sure everything was satisfactory. He is a true southern gentleman in every way. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting not only a delicious meal, but one that was very reasonably priced. We will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Lisa K

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We decided to stop through here on our way from Roanoke to Petersburg. Didnt realize at first that we had to order family-style, but we said, "what the heck, we're hungry!" Turned out to be the best decision!! Their food was southern home cooking style favorites (Fried steak, mac n chz, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn pudding, etc) and you each could choose an entree and then 5 sides. Turned out to be enough for a whole other meal for the two of us with leftovers! Whether we had taken the leftovers home or not, the price would be worth it... every single item I tried was some of the best I've ever had of it!!! The staff was polite and welcoming, the atmosphere was very nice, and the food just excellent!! Wish I lived closer!!!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

On a recent trip through Buckingham on my way in to Lynchburg, the Spring House Dining caught my attention, not sure why but my sister suggest that I may like it here. So we decided to stop and eat here. I must admit this was a surprisingly but great experience. The service was great, the food was awesome and the music was on point. The total vibe of this location was just right, and I intend to stop in to enjoy the total vibe as often as I can. I have traveled and around the world and have eaten at a number of places, I must say this location is in the top 5 of my visited restaurants when you compare the full ambiance of the restaurants. A. Jones

1  Thank Ajaye4all
Reviewed March 9, 2014

On a recent trip to Salem, via the 'scenic route', The Spring House caught our attention because of the number of cars in the parking lot. We vowed to stop for dinner on our way back, which we did. Tho we arrived closer to closing time than dinner time, we were graciously greeted and fed a wonderful 'home cooked' meal. It is served family style and refills come to the table quickly on request, but in serving sizes that do not leave you feeling like the fatted calf! :) Our waitress, a sweet college girl with a winning personality, provided attentive service. We sat at a table looking out at the terrace which overlooks the creek, so we will definitely check that out when the weather warms. Don't confuse 'family style' with bland or overcooked mush; this is definitely not the case. As we were leaving, we had the opportunity to enjoy a short visit with Rick, one half of the couple who own Spring House. We left wishing we had an upcoming event to schedule there-it is also a beautiful venue for receptions and special occasions. We hope you will give Spring House a try the next time you are in the area. We don't think you'll be disappointed.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have eaten at the Spring House several times now, usually for family gatherings. It serves country cooking meals family style--that is they bring out big bowls of the dishes to the table. They have a good variety of meats including fried chicken, beef tips, barbeque pork ribs, fish, and another one or two which I cannot remember. My favorite part though are the vegetables. Spring house has five or six of the country staples on the menu and everyone of them that I've tried were well prepared. If the first set of bowls don't fill you up, they will bring seconds to the table.

The Spring House also now has a bar area with some quality draft beers and a lighter menu for those who don't want a full blown eating event. I haven't tried the light menu yet.

Overall, the Spring House is a great place if you have a group of friends or family wanting to get together to have some of the best homestyle cooking in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere that I have found in the Lynchburg area. From what I remember, the menu for a full meal (including basic beverage and desert) ran about $13 - 18 per person. My only problem with it remembering that it's there because it is about 10 miles outside of the city.