“Delicious”

Al Ryan Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #39 of 362 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Reviewed October 24, 2018

This was a surprise. I don’t care for middle eastern food but my friend does so I gave in. I ordered a salad and it was freshly made and very good. My friend got a falafel sandwich and he said it was excellent. He also recommends the Turkish coffee.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 22, 2018

We've been meaning to try this place for a while and I'm sad that it took us so long to go. We started with falafel and it is the ONLY good falafel I have ever had outside of Jordan. Most falafel in the U.S. is soggy for some reason, but not this! My husband really liked it as well.

My husband ordered the lamb curry and I had the chicken shwarma platter. The owner/chef came out to talk to us and see if we had any questions. I told him I like food very spicy and my husband does not and so he obliged. Our dishes were made to order and we both loved our meals. The meat was definitely not frozen and had excellent flavor. Even the rice had a really nice flavor.

The baklava was bite-sized, which the owner told us before we ordered and that was fine because I was pretty full after the massive dinner. I really liked the baklava because it wasn't ridiculously sweet like it often is in the States. I could really taste the pistacio in it.

One warning - this restaurant is located next to a cigar shop and you can smell the cigars when you walk in. The restaurant is non-smoking though so you won't actually be stuck sitting next to a smoker. I think it's still very worth the visit.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 31, 2018

Our recent visit to this restaurant was prompted by the good reviews here and the somewhat appetizing pictures. Let me tell you, this place must be going downhill - fast!! I ordered Jordanian Mastif, and it looked NOTHING like the picture someone else posted. I received a plate full of rice with a few hunks of dry lamb on top and a sprinkling of burnt nuts. That's it! No vegetable or sauce anywhere! My husband ordered lamb curry and received a plate filled with rice and little bowl with about a cup and a half of seasoned tomato sauce with a few chunks of lamb and what appeared to be frozen mixed vegetables in it. Not much flavor, either. Considering what little was involved, it took them an extraordinary amount of time to prepare it! We ordered hummus as appetizer, and received a very thin hummus with a bowl of pita crackers. I would have at LEAST expected some fresh pita bread for what we paid!! They seem to really be cutting corners. Dessert was a piece of baklava ... I take that back, make that a BITE of baklava, because that's the size you are served. In addition, the atmosphere was not attractive. The place desperately needs a good cleaning and a make-over. The carpet alone looks ancient and dirty! I don't expect this restaurant to stay in business long if they don't get their act together soon ... looks like a job for "Restaurant Impossible"!!

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank LbgVAvisitor
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

In the past few days since returning to Lunchburg business, I have had lunch and 2 suppers. Pictures attached.
Can't say enough how delicious and unique is his seasoning of the food, excellent quality ingredients; one of the best middle eastern restaurants I know.
Treat yourself.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here with our children for lunch. The owner is also the chef, and the food is superb. My husband had the Mansef which he had not had since visiting Jordan, and it was absolutely delicious! Our children enjoyed the Schwarma chicken and lamb. Upon seeing the food, my nine year old son exclaimed, “this looks amazing”! The ground lamb is also a kid-friendly dish. Don’t miss the hummus. We are foodies and eat out often in the D.C. area, and the food at this little restaurant could compete with the best in D.C. We loved that the food is made to order (no warming lights and reheated food here)! If you want well prepared delicious food, eating here is a real treat. There is also an area upstairs where you can sit on the floor and eat- fantastic! We will be stopping here every chance we get.

Date of visit: June 2018