“We will be back!!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Lynchburg B&B and Inns
Simpsonville, SC
“We will be back!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed in the King Cottage, room A (top floor). Very comfortable bed, clean bathroom/walk-in shower, full kitchen, cable tv, desk, sitting area....everything we needed! We "raided" their pantry with whatever we needed for breakfast and brought it back to the room to cook (toast, omeletes)...we kept our own waffles and syrup in the full sized fridge for my daughter (she slept on a cot provided by owner). It has a small table and two chairs on the outside porch, which my daughter enjoyed her breakfast on. It's not the greatest view but it's super quiet, very comfortable, isolated, and has everything needed for a very pleasant stay. It's a great value compared to all the other crummy hotels in Lynchburg (especially in the Liberty University area). It's minutes from my parents house (Boonsboro area). We will most definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kath W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wendell, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We received a warm welcome and great customer service. Everyone there was friendly and rolled out the red carpet. The room was just like our own home, quiet, super clean and relaxing. The breakfast was good and I loved the bread loafs were just made! We will be returning and bringing our friends! The puppies were super cute!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy H
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

My family and I loved our stay at the Acorn Hill Lodge, we had an amazing time in Lynchburg and it was great to come back to a hotel that made you feel at home. My wife and I stayed on the second floor of the cabin and we really did feel like it was ours. Very private and romantic even though my in-laws had an awesome sweet with a jacuzzi (I was a tad jealous) even with that though we had a great bathroom and full kitchen. They even had a grill for us to use. The owners of the inn are incredibly amiable and seem to sincerely care about the well being of their guest. Its cool to see how excited they are to serve travelers coming through Lynchburg. This place is a must if you're staying in Lynchburg!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kevin w
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I received a gift certificate to the spa for one hour massage and spa mani and pedi ! the massage therapist took me to the room at 10 :30 made me fill out paper work then asked me to get undressed and wait on the bed ,,,, she came back into the room at 10:50 started the massage at 11:25 she said we are all done... So 70 bucks for a 35 min rub down it wasn't even a massage . then went down for my manicure the lady tells me she doesn't like doing nails she prefers hair but this passes time and she can make a little money this way the manicure room had no ventilation and she closed the door it took 1 hour and 20 minutes for spa manicure also 6 hours later paint is chipping. Pedicure was overall nice.. I would not recommend this place at all i felt like we were ripped off. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND NO LICENSES POSTED ANYWHERE . Owner did seem nice but staff needs work . also in brochure it says if you get 3 services it includes lunch NEVER WAS OFFERED LUNCH only got offered water and when i was done with it they didn't even ask if i wanted anymore.. My husband will be contacting owner tomorrow as we spent close to 200 bucks and are unsatisfied .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Acornhill_8, Owner at Acorn Hill Lodge and Spa, responded to this review, March 24, 2015
We are extremely sorry for your disappointing visit to our salon and spa. Since September 2014, the salon has been under new direction and management. We have made extensive renovations and have a friendly, dynamic and extremely capable staff of about ten people. Services offered include hair services, nail services, facials and massage therapy. We also now have a restaurant on site.

Please check us out on Facebook at "Acorn Hill Salon and Spa," "Acorn Hill Bistro," and "Acorn Hill Lodge." And if you are ever in the area and have time to stop by for a tour, please visit us. You can also call the main number at 434.528.0983 if you'd like more information on any aspect of Acorn Hill.

Kind regards,
Wanda
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I booked a company retreat at the Acorn Hill Lodge and, at the end, I looked like a genius. From the guest rooms (amazing!) to the conference space, to breakfast, we were treated like royalty. And the price was much better than other places with less amenities. The staff was attentive and overly-gracious. A high-class place with reasonable prices. We will make this our go-to spot for our future meetings.

Room Tip: They are ALL great.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Steve Z
Acornhill_8, Owner at Acorn Hill Lodge and Spa, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Steve, thank you so much for your review. We were delighted to be of service and hope you return for a repeat performance! I love what you said, too, that you "looked like a genius." I hope you don't mind if I borrow that line.... Take care and visit again soon.
Millersport, Ohio
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Early Christmas with family and friends. Full kitchen in king suite great for entertaining when coming in from out of town. Proprietors very gracious. Family style breakfast served was wonderful. Nice setting, large rooms. Will definitely start staying here when coming to Lynchburg in the future..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jm1956crew
Acornhill_8, Owner at Acorn Hill Lodge and Spa, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
It was very heart-warming to see many friends and family gathered around for the holidays. The pleasure was ours to have you all as our guests. Please come again and our best wishes to you and your friends and family for a Happy New Year!
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Live in the area so we were not staying there but went for breakfast. Amazingly good and really affordable...especially if you get the family style. My wife received a massage and nail treatment last year for Christmas and said it was really nice. Our friends that we ate with said the massages were great too.

Room Tip: Cannot help with room but the breakfast was great
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple