“Wonderful staff and accommodations”

Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd.
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days while our son took his final exams at Liberty University the first part of December. Our room was recently renovated and very comfortable. Access to cooking meals and good Internet was wonderful. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They provided us clean linens whenever we asked. We were concerned about the construction workers staying there, but we never had a problem with noise or parking.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are wonderful. The third floor is smoking but I never smelled any smoke on...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Daughteroftheking316
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you found your room to be comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd.

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We stay here for many reasons. First, the conscience to Liberty University. The price is great & the rooms are nice sized and comfortable. Also, it is great having a kitchenette in your room. We would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Vic - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so pleased to know that you liked our hotel's location, especially because we are so close to the University. Also, I am glad that you liked your spacious, clean room, including the kitchen.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights,the room was very comfortable and clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful,enjoyed our stay immensely . We will be recommending this hotel to anyone asking about a place in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding cleanliness and comfort of your stay.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at Extended Stay for a Liberty University intensive class, like many reviewers. It seemed convenient to the class location and had a good rate. However, let's just say you get what you pay for! The room seemed dirty (spots on the walls) and have thin walls (so I could hear people stomping around upstairs). I liked having a regular-sized fridge, microwave, and sink to eat in, and the staff seemed nice, but I think I'll look elsewhere for my next intensive. There was no hair dryer in the bathroom (I thought most hotels had that; yet there was an iron and ironing board?), the drain in the tub was slow in draining, and the bed sheets and towels were thin and not great quality. If you're the type of person who can sleep anywhere, then I would say stay here. If you're like me and want some place that has more quality, perhaps check out the Wingate or Kirkley. They're more expensive but I personally need a place where I can actually sleep well for class, and I felt I didn't get quality sleep between the bedding and loud walkers upstairs (the latter was only the last 2 nights, thankfully, but still!)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank hollins1984
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just stayed here for a visit to the university the customer service is excellent but the cleanliness of the upkeep of the hotel wasn't so great. Rugs were stained and the overall rooms and lobby need care. Very convenient and would stay again if improved. But everyone so nice and very good customer service ! They accomadated US the best they could have by recleaning our rooms.
Also it has smoking allowed too horrible on third floor. Should be no smoking.

Room Tip: Don't stay on third floor smoking!!
Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tbm2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am happy to read your remarks about customer service. However, I am very sorry that you found the hotel's cleanliness did not meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have taken actions to ensure your experience is not repeated. We will be inspecting guest rooms prior to guest check-in. Still, I am pleased that our staff provided excellent customer service during your stay.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lyn@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We went to Liberty for friendly friday. The location was great. Walk to everything. The price great. But the rooms hotel and corridors were filthy. Our room was totally gross. If it were not for the Amazing and excellent customer care service from front desk rep. Jasmine it would of be a horror. Jasmine after her shift at 11pm along with heather went up to our room and cleaned and changed all of our linens washed the walls(there were gross stains all over them) and gave us brand new pillows. She went above and beyond. Unless they revamp the rooms and do not allow smoking we will not be coming back. Did i mention how filflthy the rugs were that we put towels down that when we picked up the towels, they were brown.. If extended stay would revamp, we would stay here again but only if that. THe location and staff are amazing but the hotel less than desirable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dawn - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am happy to read your remarks about our great location and customer service staff. However, I am very sorry that you found cleanliness not to par. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going through the hotel room by room to make sure everything is as it should be.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lyn@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I honestly don't get how this hotel gets a 4-star rating from fellow travelers, unless we're grading on a curve... Granted, the people at the front desk were extremely nice and accommodating but, at the end of the day, the quality of room matters more. The entire floor smelled like a combination of a full astray and dirty gym socks, and the room smell was worse still. My son has asthma and couldn't stop coughing as soon as we got into the room. The musty, lingering smoke smell got into our luggage and clothes after 10 mins. We checked out before we even unpacked. Thankfully, they provided full refunded without argument.

Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is working hard to get the smell of smoke out the smoking rooms and the hallway.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, at lyn@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.