Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd.
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay here. My daughter's dorm is just down the street, so it was very convenient. The staff were very polite and friendly, and they told me that since my daughter goes to Liberty University, I qualify for a discount. I enjoyed having my own kitchenette and lounge area; it made it seem more like home. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Terri - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the staff was so polite and friendly and we were so convenient to your daughter's dorm. I'm glad we provided a little "home away from home" while you were here.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Due to a family emergency, my husband and I had to drive 9 hours to get to Lynchburg and arrived at the Extended Stay at 4am. Upon first glance, the room seemed to have exactly what we needed.....a king bed, a kitchenette, and a large bathroom with sufficient counter space, however, the bed was hard and the room was extremely noisy because we were in a corner room on the 1st floor with cars surrounding us on both sides. By the time we fell asleep, people were starting to check out of the hotel and the noise of doors slamming and cars pulling out of the lot on both sides of us was unbearable. We could even hear the people talking and walking on the 2nd floor above us. The rooms don't seem to be noise insulated very well. We were originally planning to stay at the Extended Stay for 4 nights but after the 1st night, decided that we needed to get some decent sleep and went elsewhere. The manager on duty was very apologetic and gave us a generously discounted rate for our inconvenience for which we were grateful. The staff also sent us a sympathy card when they found out we were down there because a family member was dying. The customer service was excellent and the rooms are equipped with the basics of what Extended Stay offers, but do avoid the corner rooms on the 1st floor if you want a good night's sleep!

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor might be a little less noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that you encountered noise that kept you awake during your stay with us. Still, we are happy to know that you were happy with my staff's customer service.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Having experienced an almost traumatic stay in Lynchburg in August, at a different chain, I was a little concerned that everything would work out as planned this time. My hopes and expectations were exceeded! The staff not only was polite, friendly and accommodating, but went out of their way to find me the best room at the best rate available to me. The hotel appears to be a little older, but refurbished, and it could be a little cleaner. And it is by no means luxurious, however, I plan to stay here next time I visit my son at Liberty. Great customer service goes a long way in my book.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad that the staff and I were able to provide you with an excellent experience, and exceeded all of your expectations. It is very rewarding to know that your clean room and our customer service made your stay that much better.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was in Lynchburg for a one week intensive class at Liberty University. I felt like family staying at this hotel. The front desk and custodial personnel were very friendly, welcoming, accommodating, helpful, knowledgeable, and enjoyable to interact with. This included everyone from general manager, assistant manager, daytime and evening personnel. I have stayed at many hotels (including high end hotels) and do not recall ever having such an amazing experience. I cannot wait until I have to go back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Terri - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your stay. I am pleased to hear that our staff provided courteous service.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We screwed up enormously... booked the room for the wrong night on the website. The hotel was packed but Angel Morris calmed us down, got us past the reservation mistake and personally found us a room. She was indeed an angel. I would come back to the hotel just for her sake.

Another gentleman checked us later that night (I had to run out for an LU event while Angel was taking care of things) and was also very friendly and extremely helpful.

The room was utilitarian but clean and comfortable enough. Bed was a little on the hard side, but I prefer it that way.

One negative: the breakfast is more like a snack. Packaged pastries, packaged oatmeal and the like. Don't book thinking you are going to get a big spread as at some hotels.

BTW, the hotel couldn't be more convenient for visits to Liberty University. It's practically on the grounds.

Room Tip: Book early if you are coming for a weekend event.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Bob - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that Angel was able to take care of you and your family. I apologize that our breakfast did not meet your expectations but, I am happy to hear that our location was ideal for your stay.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Short staffed, anytime you call front desk the standard response you get is "I'm the only one here"
Non responsive, I stayed there for 8 days, when I asked for cleaning up the room (which was a paid service), I was told that the same needs to be checked with Manager
Irresponsible Leadership - The General Manager had no clues on fire inspection requirements though he stated he had 6 years of experience. Post the fire inspection the entire day we experienced muddy water and the response i got from the manager was "I cannot get into the pipe and fix it". I even escalated the matter mentioned in point (2) yet he paid no heed to it and the explanation he gave me was we don't provide free service before 7 days even after clarification that i'm ready to pay still no one came. When matters got worse i asked him to refund my money, i asked to vacate the hotel......
I was travelling with a 3 year old, had not been the case i would have immediately left that hotel
In any case it’s a lesson learnt, i would never ever stay in this hotel no matter what

Room Tip: You have better options than this hotel...
1  Thank Arun K
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I come up to visit our son at Liberty. Extended Stay is right there. The best part of our stay is the ladies that service the rooms. They were great. And also Jason the 2nd shift desk clerk. He was super friendly, nice and helpful. I give him a 5 star. He would answer questions and helped us get booked for a future stay. However I'm not so impressed with the day shift and one of the weekend girls. Its not a 5 Star but it was clean and Jason makes it better.

Room Tip: My wife prefers a room facing the college.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the courteous and accommodating service Justin and the housekeeping staff provided. Also, I am glad to know that the cleanliness of our hotel met your expectations.