“Beyond Excellent”

Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd.
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Beyond Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was in Lynchburg for a one week intensive class at Liberty University. I felt like family staying at this hotel. The front desk and custodial personnel were very friendly, welcoming, accommodating, helpful, knowledgeable, and enjoyable to interact with. This included everyone from general manager, assistant manager, daytime and evening personnel. I have stayed at many hotels (including high end hotels) and do not recall ever having such an amazing experience. I cannot wait until I have to go back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Terri - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your stay. I am pleased to hear that our staff provided courteous service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We screwed up enormously... booked the room for the wrong night on the website. The hotel was packed but Angel Morris calmed us down, got us past the reservation mistake and personally found us a room. She was indeed an angel. I would come back to the hotel just for her sake.

Another gentleman checked us later that night (I had to run out for an LU event while Angel was taking care of things) and was also very friendly and extremely helpful.

The room was utilitarian but clean and comfortable enough. Bed was a little on the hard side, but I prefer it that way.

One negative: the breakfast is more like a snack. Packaged pastries, packaged oatmeal and the like. Don't book thinking you are going to get a big spread as at some hotels.

BTW, the hotel couldn't be more convenient for visits to Liberty University. It's practically on the grounds.

Room Tip: Book early if you are coming for a weekend event.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Bob - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that Angel was able to take care of you and your family. I apologize that our breakfast did not meet your expectations but, I am happy to hear that our location was ideal for your stay.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Lynchburg, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Short staffed, anytime you call front desk the standard response you get is "I'm the only one here"
Non responsive, I stayed there for 8 days, when I asked for cleaning up the room (which was a paid service), I was told that the same needs to be checked with Manager
Irresponsible Leadership - The General Manager had no clues on fire inspection requirements though he stated he had 6 years of experience. Post the fire inspection the entire day we experienced muddy water and the response i got from the manager was "I cannot get into the pipe and fix it". I even escalated the matter mentioned in point (2) yet he paid no heed to it and the explanation he gave me was we don't provide free service before 7 days even after clarification that i'm ready to pay still no one came. When matters got worse i asked him to refund my money, i asked to vacate the hotel......
I was travelling with a 3 year old, had not been the case i would have immediately left that hotel
In any case it’s a lesson learnt, i would never ever stay in this hotel no matter what

Room Tip: You have better options than this hotel...
1 Thank Arun K

Travelers are raving about these Lynchburg hotels

Statesville, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I come up to visit our son at Liberty. Extended Stay is right there. The best part of our stay is the ladies that service the rooms. They were great. And also Jason the 2nd shift desk clerk. He was super friendly, nice and helpful. I give him a 5 star. He would answer questions and helped us get booked for a future stay. However I'm not so impressed with the day shift and one of the weekend girls. Its not a 5 Star but it was clean and Jason makes it better.

Room Tip: My wife prefers a room facing the college.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the courteous and accommodating service Justin and the housekeeping staff provided. Also, I am glad to know that the cleanliness of our hotel met your expectations.

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean, nice size room with small kitchen area.
Room has extra desk and is very comfortable, and I'd recommend to anyone trying to stay for any extended time,
Bathrooms are a little dated, and in need of update.

Room Tip: Very reasonable pricing
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Richard - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your clean, spacious room, especially the kitchen. As well, it is great to read that you liked the extra desk in your room and that you found our hotel to be so comfortable overall.

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

If I had to describe Extended Stay America in Lynchburg with one word, it would no doubt be, "accommodating". I was in town was for repairs to be done on my truck, and they made my stay as hassle free as possible. The rooms were clean, and the staff welcoming, Whenever I travel next, I'll be searching out Extended Stay Americas in other cities besides Lynchburg. Very impressed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this review, August 15, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that we were able to accommodate your needs while you were staying at our hotel. It is so great to know that your room was clean and that we made your time with us "hassle free".

Del Rio, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

than enough, making the difference when you don't walk in and get Ritz Carlton or Conrad Hilton concierge but simply the geniunely, warm welcome after a long tiring drive; when you don't get Hampton Suites high-end surfaces or amenities but very fresh and clean; when you don't get cordon bleu but just simply healthy snacks to get your blood sugar leveled and your taste buds satisfied; when you don't get turned-down service but turned-up attention to even the smallest request. And, all of it at a reasonable price giving your wallet/pursue the needed chance to breath. So here's to the set of Double J's who made our stay, July 25-July 31, simply smooth in and out ---here's to Justin and Jasmine. Especially Justin, who's efficiency in helping us plan our stay during his lone hours on night shift weeks in advance, took the stress out of the details. And, this sixty-something couple, with grandchildren, certainly appreciated the "yes Ma'ms" and "no Ma'ms" that peppered his conversation. What! Unexpected charm. And, you get to thinking: maybe real southern hospitality, in a clean, family friendly facilty, at the affordable price is exactly enough of an answer to all that high-end, cordon bleu, turn-down I would have to pay for anyway. M/M S. C and J. O. Jones

Room Tip: Ask for Justin, Jasmine (and Teri) if you aren't blessed to get the General Manager first.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this review, August 13, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a such a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I truly appreciate your comments regarding Jasmine and Justine, they are truly priceless. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.