“Absolute best place in Lynchburg!!!”

Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd.
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Unbelievable value! I stay in the Lynchburg area once a week I always choose extended stay. Jasmine and Micheal at the desk are wonderful always kind and courteous! If you aren't staying here you messed up!

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff, especially Jasmine and Michael. I am so glad that they have continuously provided you with excellent customer service, and will be sure to share your kind words with them as well as the entire team.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

When we arrived for our stay at Liberty University, we were put in a smoking room which I did not book. Jasmine at the front desk was very accomodating. She put us in a non-smoking room as soon as it was available. The workers were very pleasant and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad to hear that we were able to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Once again, thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I didn't not enjoy my stay here. I booked for 5 nights, but spent my final 2 elsewhere. I should state though that I typically stay at Marriotts and Hampton Inns. Extended Stay is not at that level and I knew that going in. I chose to stay here because of the price of staying at a hotel for 5 nights. The front desk staff was hit or miss friendly. Some were friendlier than others. The hotel seems to have an odor- sort of a lingering cigarette smell. The smell was in the hallway, elevator, and in my room. There was trash in the elevator as well as the stairwell. The first night I tried to use some ice from the freezer and there were black spots in the ice. As a woman staying by myself, I didn't feel completely comfortable here. I think it would have been better if my husband had been with me.

Hotel is in a great location- you can walk to Liberty and many other places. Price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Mary - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The level of cleanliness and odor in your room that you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we have taken action to make sure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lyn@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great location! Close to everything without being in the middle of it. The kitchen in the room is a big plus. Even if you do not cook there it is nice having the full size fridge, microwave, sink, and counter space. Have stayed there three times and it is always quiet and the staff is always helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Frank - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and the availability of the kitchens in our rooms. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Extended Stay gave extended service. They were caring and addressed any concerns quickly. It was nice being able to have a real kitchen to cook and store food, in addition to the breakfast on the go provided in the morning. It was a very nice stay. Amanda was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the type of organic foods I was looking for. Very well rounded as well as Ash. He was such a great help. The manager Micheal Brown was very proactive in making sure things were in order. Overall it was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that our team took such good care of you and your family while you were here, especially Amanda, Ash and Michael. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at Extended Stay American in Lynchburg for 3 weeks during classes at Liberty University. My room was clean, comfortable, and had plenty of desk space to study and do school work. The hotel is a 10-20 minute walk to any part of campus and all the classrooms, and a 5 minute walk to the LU gym/student union.

My only complaint was that I had to call two out of the three weeks I was there to request what should have been automatic weekly housekeeping. However, those issues were both resolved within 24 hours.

Thank you for a great stay! This hotel is really convenient if you need to be close to Liberty University.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Emily - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that housekeeping was not provided as scheduled; however, I am glad that this issue was remedied within 24 hours. Still, we are happy to know that we were able to meet your needs while visiting Liberty University.

Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed there for a night in June of 2013, and on the second night I finally discovered why I had been itching all day. We took the headboard off and found multiple bedbugs present.

The manager was understanding, refunded our money, and paid for a stay at a different hotel. From that perspective, I was happy with how it was handled and the professionalism shown.

However, it was still a major hassle. Any hotel can get bedbugs, but knowing they just had them in at least one room, I would be very careful for now. Given that I had probably 30-40 bites from one night, I think these critters were quite hungry.

Also-do not expect really any amenities at all. There is no pool, exercise room, or the like. The breakfast was basically a little fruit and some muffins.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Matthew - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the level of cleanliness in your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we have a very aggressive protocol in place to correct these types of issues, which we followed, to ensure the safety and comfort of each of our guests.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lyn@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.