“Disappointed....”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We saw the excellent reviews for this restaurant and decided to give it a try our last night in Lynchburg. My husband was looking forward to the Veal Oscar, and what a disappointment. It was not hot, just warm. The veal was tough and the crabmeat was fishy tasting. I ordered the Seafood Cardinal and I was pleased with the dish. The bread and salad were excellent. The desserts were just so-so. We decided to give the restaurant a 2-star rating because the Veal Oscar was such a disappointment. Waiter and service was excellent.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I visited reference restaurant this past Friday and as always had an outstanding meal.
This is our favorite restaurant in the Lynchburg area.
The chef and co-owner (Reinhart) always does a great job, along with the other co-owner (Sachie).
If you are looking for a great meal that is not a chain restaurant this is definitely the place to go.
The menu is very diverse.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

In Lynchburg for a weekend getaway with my wife and we were looking for a nice place for a romantic dinner. The Porter House did not disappoint. Casual, but classy. The food was very good and the wait staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. Great value for good food and service! Steak dinner was good. The port wine parfait was amazing.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I had a late lunch today, and as always had a very fine meal.
Prime Rib, Sea Bass and Lamb Chops are among our favorites.
Bartender/Waitress Mary Jane, did an outstanding job!
We put Co-owner/Chef Rhienhart is one of the best chefs in the US and other Co-owner Sachico always makes your dining experience pleasurable.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Awesome! Never had a bad meal!

I go there ever chance I get.
It is very special to me. The staff is very friendly and prompt. The chefs are awesome. They go out of their way to please you. If they have the ingredients they will make you anything you want.
Thank you Porterhouse (aka SACHIKOS) Sammy