“Just okay”

Ranked #4 of 319 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Market at Main serves breakfast all day and was recently named the Best Breakfast in Lynchburg by Lynchburg Living.
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

My experience here was just okay. Nothing that great. My breakfast sandwich was first served cold. So I sent it back. The waitress came back and informed me that they had decided in the kitchen to make me another. The entire time service was very slow but the waitress did keep our waters full. The wife had a salad that was served with lots of red onions which was not mentioned in the menu. My wife decided to pick all of them out instead of send it back. The price was nice but we won't be going back due to the mistakes, service, and mediocre food (at best).

There are newer reviews for Market at Main

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We've only gone here for breakfast/brunch, and were happy each time. It's such a cute place, really classic and everything seems cleverly conceived - menu, decor, theme, etc. For me, the menu is hit or miss, so I order carefully, tending to the simpler options. Boy the service is friendly and attentive, which always makes the visit better.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The menu is interesting with lots of dishes themed around local places/colleges. Prices during my Saturday lunchtime visit ranged from $6 to $15, and the food was good. It was very loud and crowded, so don't go expecting a relaxing date.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice local place. neat decor, reminiscent of an old general store. Prompt, friendly service. a little noisy inside when it's packed. this is a favorite spot for brunch so it can be crowded. the fried green tomatoes alone ar eworth the wait. and the variations on eggs beendict are yummy. Skip the cheesy grits....gloppy and tasteless. But so far that is one dim spot on the menu. another place we take all of our out of town visitors to show off the great local food Lynchburg has to offer.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is a real treat for Sunday Brunch in a restored restaurant on Main Street. The restaurant has a wide variety of foods and you can order breakfast or lunch. The poached eggs with hollandaise sauce and fried green tomatoes were yummy as well as the side of red potatoes with a liberal sprinkle of rosemary. The other meal we had was a cuban sandwich on pannini which could have used more meat, but was good based on the other member of our party.The atmosphere is young, noisy, and full of life. It was great fun and we will be back. Did I mention that the prices are reasonable as well? Good find in downtown Lynchburg.