“One of the best options in downtown Lynchburg”
Review of Market at Main

Market at Main
Ranked #5 of 328 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Market at Main serves breakfast all day and was recently named the Best Breakfast in Lynchburg by Lynchburg Living.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have only had breakfast in the Market at Main, but each meal is always good. Most recently when traveling in from out of town we ended up having breakfast here twice within 5 days.

The grits are top notch and the way they should be. It is rare to have them any better. The omelets are a good pairing with the grits. They do fried green tomatoes here and they do them very well. The 'Eggs Rebecca' brings the fried green tomato into Eggs Benedict, without the meat.

Service is great, as is the dining environment. I look forward to lunch and dinner here as the opportunity presents itself when back in Lynchburg.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

The menu, dining room and location are terrific. The food preparation and service were not. We had brunch, and the coffee was good. I had the eggs Benedict with crab cakes on top, and I won't order that dish again. The crab cakes were way over spiced and topped with flavorless hollandaise. I hate eating those calories if it isn't delicious! Our section was way understaffed, with just one waitress taking care of a heavy duty brunch crowd - taking orders, bringing drinks, refilling coffee and bringing the food. There should've been others helping her serve. As a result, everything arrived stone cold. This is an adorable place, and I will try it again in hopes that they improve on these basics. I'd love to see Market at Main, and the downtown Lynchburg area be successful.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We make a point of eating here whenever we visit Lynchburg. Hopping place but worth the wait. Nostalgic decor but authentic feeling. Great food, hearty bacon serving, quick service. I'm always happy when I eat here!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had no problems with service, I was there for dinner around 7pm. Great selection of comfort foods and burgers. I sat at the bar for service and enjoyed the meal. I had trouble choosing between homemade brownies or the carrot cake for dessert. Went with the carrot cake and it was as good as any mom's.

Would go back when I am in the area on business - at least to check the desserts!!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We loved the Market on Main Street. Great fruits and veges and alot of fun shopping waits for you here. This place is one that I look forward to seeing everytime we come to Lynchburg.

1  Thank Donna S