“Amazing Manager Care”

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #14 of 312 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Amazing Manager Care”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was probably the nicest manager I've ever talked to. I got sick after eating something, an I called to inform the manager. After apologizing over the phone, he sent me a hand-written note with a meal coupon to my home. It was a very sincere action, and it made me feel cared for and like family. I will go here many many times if the manager cares that much about his customers.

• Visited March 2014

Amherst, VA
“Really enjoyed the steak at Texas Roadhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Have been to Texas Roadhouse multiple times and thought of it as another ok chain restaurant. However, I have changed my mind. We both ordered steaks, my husband had the ribeye and I had the 6 oz filet. Both of us were more than pleased with our steaks. They were cooked to perfection & medium rare. The filet had great flavor and I will admit was comparable to any of the of the more expensive steak restaurants in Lynchburg. I did not think the service was that great but was ok. We felt a little hurried by the sever and the service was slow. The food did make up for the lack of service. Of course, you never know what is going on in the kitchen or how busy the server is but the place was not that busy. Over all we did have a great meal and looking forward to going back.

• Visited March 2014
Hampstead, North Carolina
“About what you'd expect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's a typical roadhouse-style restaurant. Specialized in steaks, and the steaks are great. Overall though, roadhouse restaurants are a dime a dozen in this area and I didn't find anything here stood out above and beyond the others *except* that Texas Roadhouse gives free coupons to kids in school who bring home good grades, perfect attendance rewards, etc. which is a nice community service. Extra star just for that.

• Visited February 2014
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I had the ribs on a Monday night when they are the "feature" item on the menu. Came out fast, so I do not know how they could have put such a blackened char on them, also very dry. Cover it with sauce I thought nope that did not work. Bread is always good with the flavored butter. Service was happy as always. Last time I get ribs, next time it will be chicken.

Farmville, Virginia
“Food is always great/Service not so much......this time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I usually always have a great experience at this restaurant but my visit last night was a disaster. Out of the entire restaurant (which was mostly empty) we were seated next to a large birthday group that were extremely loud and made it hard to have a conversation with my friends. Our waitress seemed a little distracted by the group and later we saw it was because she knew them. We had to repeat ourselves numerous times because she was looking at the other table while taking our order. We were asked if we would like rolls which we replied yes please and waited about 15 minutes for her to bring them back (they were ready, i would understand if they were baking) We ordered an appetizer of their fried pickles and she asked if we would like those before our meal and we replied yes but then later came back and told us she couldnt remember what we had said so we got them with our meal. Our drinks stayed empty and it was hard to track her down to ask for a refill. I have to say that was the worst experience i have ever had here of all the times i have been.

• Visited November 2013