“Appearances can be deceving”
Review of The Dahlia

The Dahlia
Ranked #34 of 313 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Appearances can be deceving”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Excellent! From the outside I was unsure, but upon entering pleasantly surprised. Great atmosphere from the decor to choice of music. Food was very good. We will be back.

Visited April 2013

Lynchburg, VA
“Fresh seafood in Lynchburg”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Recently my husband suggested we have dinner at The Dahlia since we had never been there. And now I am asking what took us so long!! The fried shrimp was so lightly battered and so perfectly cooked it was like ordering from a shack at the beach. My husband had the salmon which was also fresh, flaky, and flavored perfectly. I seriously had not had shrimp like that since going to my favorite seafood place at the beach. The restaurant is small, friendly, and a great local meeting up place. Just go!!

• Visited April 2013
“You think they're great, but they're really not...”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

A lot of the menu items are microwaved or finished off in the microwave (pork butt, broccoli, salmon, lamb shank, and even the tenderloin!) and frozen mashed potatoes! Shame on them! Food is semi-decent...but nothing classy or different about it. Also, the owners have no interest in having a convo with their customers...rude!

Lafayette, Louisiana
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I stumbled upon this restaurant and were sure glad we did! We were traveling from Louisiana and stopped over in Lynchburg. I ordered the fish (haddock) tacos which came with spicy fries ... Yum yum! My husband ordered the pork butt which came with cole slaw and hash browns ; all the flavors just burst in your mouth! We shared a slice of strawberry rhubarb cake and cups of coffee for dessert. If we could have gotten away with it, we would have licked the plate! The cake was light and delicious! I recommend this place: what a hidden gem!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank marilynmoha
Lynchburg, Virginia
“A Bar That Serves Food”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Dahlia is a small restaurant with a few tables [~seven, (there maybe more downstairs, we did not go down there)] surround a very large bar. With that said, it is clear that the large business is selling beer. There are only a few items on the menu. My wife had the fried oysters and i had the special of the night, crawfish etouffee. The portions are extremely small for the price. There were only about 5 oysters with a small serving of fries and small cup (the size of condiment cup) of slaw.

The oysters were ok but not anything special. Red Lobster is better and cheaper.

The etouffee was equally unimpressive. the broth was weak and flavorless. This was clear in that the cook recognized this by putting some hot sauce into the broth, giving the broth heat with no substance. In addition, several of the crawfish were not cooked correctly in that they were hard and rubbery. I believe that the rice may not have been drained appropriately, leading to the watering of the broth.

If you want a good selection of beer and do not mind sitting at the bar, go here, but if you want good food, go someone else.

• Visited February 2013

Been to The Dahlia? Share your experiences!