“Charming and great food”
Review of The Dahlia

The Dahlia
Ranked #38 of 325 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had a wonderful evening at The Dahlia with friends. They are located next door to a fish market, so you know the seafood is fresh. The scallop appetizer was amazingly good, as was the cheese plate. I had the shrimp and grits; their version has blackened shrimp and cheese grits - spicy and yummy. My friend had the salmon salad - for $10 this is an incredible, delicious deal. I will return!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I used to go here when it was a dive, but now it is a great restaurant with an excellent selection of wonderful food

Reviewed June 29, 2012

My children and I ordered different items in order to taste several. I had heard they were known for their fish tacos, so we got the haduck and salmon tacos, fried shrimp and this beef in a genius beer sauce which sounded really interesting to me since I love different sauces. The haduck tacos were fine, but the salmon was awful, it had a very strong fish taste, the fried shrimp was fine (hard to go wrong with that) the breading was light, not greasy, and the shrimp was good. I was disappointed in the beef and sauce. Very bland. I did have the beer cheese soup which was good. We started off with one server, who wasn't very friendly and seemed as if she didn't really want to be there, but ended up with another server because my son new her so she took good care of us. I had been there once before almost 1 1/2 years earlier and had steak, which I ordered rare....I was surprised when the top was seared, but the bottom looked like it never touch the grill. Anyhow, overall, in my humble opinion, it's an ok place to go, but I don't think I would make a habit out it.

2  Thank love2laff
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The server was extremely rude and our food had so much salt on it we couldn't eat it. The server never checked on us and when my husband mentioned the overly salted food the waiter just shrugged and walked off.
The restaurant is also in a sketchy neighborhood which really doesnt add to the atmosphere.

3  Thank SpinningLara
Reviewed June 23, 2012

When I heard the Dalhia reopened a while back I thought of the time when it was a rough bar scene. Not so anymore! The decor is nice, service good and food delicious! A great local place to enjoy a nice meal.

1  Thank Lmaccaroni1