“Not a Clean place to stay”

Super 8 Lynchburg VA
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Statesville, North Carolina, United States
“Not a Clean place to stay”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Made arrangements for late check-in. When I got there the 1st room they sent me to was a mess and had not been cleaned. Beds where unmade and trash had not been removed. They sent me to another room. It was also un-kept. Third room was ready. Bed was lumpy and not comfortable. The had contract clean carpets and room smell musking due to the water solution used. The next morning I went to the Continental Breakfast, nothing but bread and the OJ machine did not work.

Room Tip: I reccomend someplace besides this Motel. You could spend $10 more and get a better room at another...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Martinsville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I am a graduate of Liberty University and my son works there now so we have made many trips to Lynchburg and decided to give the Super 8 a try. Never again.

The hotel is old and dirty. There were holes in our bedspread, the towels were dingy, and it appeared that the beds had already been slept in since the room was cleaned last. The matress was like sleeping on bare springs. There was hair in the bathroom floor and the tub was dirty. Even the elevator didn't work. In order to get down to the main floor, you had to press the call button and wait for an attendant downstairs to push the button for you.

The Sleep Inn is almost right next door. The price is very comparable and it is clean, modern, and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lynchburg hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Excellent Location. Very Nice and Clean rooms. Frontdesk very friendly and went out of their way to help us. Restaurant and Shoping within walking distance. Our room was nice and clean. The prices were excellent, we even got special rate for being student. We will be back in lynchburg and will definately stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
shah_hemal, Manager at Super 8 Lynchburg VA, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your positive comments! Glad you enjoyed your stay and visit to the University. Hope to see you again on your next visit.
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed during the power outage and all that was available was smoking. I have been in smoking rooms in other hotels and I can handle it but this one was nasty the smell was terrible. The furniture arms were blackened on the ends and it seemed like a film on everything. The bed cover looked very funky. Thank god I had brought my own blankets. The bathtub was blackened by a botched repair. I just hope we did't get bedbugs or worse! Very rundown, very overpriced. Plus pet friendly means a $25 fee in addition per night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tri State North
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Book the room. Its worth it. I read the reviews prior to my stay and opted to come check out the room before check in. What a nice surprise. It was immaculate and well prepared. The bathroom was clean and sanitized. The comfy bed had nothing in it or on it but me and the crispy clean covers.The value was fantastic. I got a double king room for under fifty dollars a night, a special discount to Liberty U students. There are other discounts available and front desk staff will advise you of such before check in. There is plenty space. I set up a mini office in the room. From the fridge, to the microwave, to the coffee pot; all sparkling clean. The continental breakfast provided was fresh food. There are rooms with a jacuzzi, no pool. That was fine with me. I didn't have the time for swimming. Fantastic restaurant next door.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms facing Macado's restaurant have nice views of the mountains. Only noise was w...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed there on our trip from NC to NJ. Reception was not very knwoledgeble about how things worked (like creating our key card). Although we asked for a smoke free room, we were given a room with an ashtray that (faintly) smelled of smoke. The room was clean but it head the distinct feeling that it hadn't been cleaned recently (i.e. for the last week).
Some of the lamps didn't work.
Breakfast was accordingly meagre.

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank avdij
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed at the not so super 8 on April 27th...what a HOLE. Filthy so bad that I called Super 8 corporate to complain and they did so little that I called the Lynchburg Board of Health today! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Management offered me a 20% refund and when I told them “NO”, they upped it to 25%. Told them to keep it and promised to do everything I could to keep others from entering the garbage pit of Not-So Super 8 of Lynchburg!!!!!!!!!!!!
We elected not to eat the so called breakfast as the carpet was gross and the eating area was not much better. Cabinets falling apart with the door of the trash bin off it’s hinges.
Sleep in your car before you enter here!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go anywhere else
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business