“Not just for kids”
Review of Rise Up Climbing

Rise Up Climbing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Rise Up Climbing is central Virginia's premier indoor rock climbing facility with over 6,000 square feet of climbing wall 40 feet high. No experience is necessary and everyone is welcome. We can teach you to use our equipment in approximately 30 minutes so you can get climbing fast!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Not just for kids”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I was impressed when i first walked in, ive had heard about this place online and around town and thought it was just for 10 year old birthday partys but i was very wrong, it was full of college age, very experienced rock climers, and very challenging and respectable ficilities, as said in another review they are very helpful if you've never done it before, Definitely Recommened!

1 Thank NTuttle

Moneta, Virginia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Awesome Indoor Adventure!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Great for us first time climbers. We had a blast! It was a nice escape from the heat.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank T G
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Can't wait to try again!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I planned to surprise my 8 years old and my husband and I took them to Rise Up. Their staff is great! Prices are reasonable and if you are like us, never tried something like that before, you are in for a treat! Kids of all ages, young adults and parents having fun together. In my opinion is great! If it is your first time, you will have a 30 minutes class, with video and a instructor. It is very easy and you will be climbing in no time! My son went all the way to the top and that was his first try!!! Same for my hubby and I. Facilities are nice. Restrooms need a little more light and maybe some TLC but it is clean. Staff very patient and polite. Good place for family fun ( especially if it is raining outside!!)

3 Thank Ilovetotravel211