“Unusually good Sleep Inn”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This Sleep Inn offered a really remarkable continental breakfast, with hard-boiled eggs, oatmeal and yoghurt in addition to the usual breads and ready-to-eat cereals. The breakfast attendant was kind enough to offer me a tray when she saw how many items I was taking, and the maid actually dashed down the hall to open the door of my room so I wouldn't have to set the tray down. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thobby
David F, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel. We strive to deliver the very best with our location, staff, and facility. It was our pleasure to serve you while visiting Lynchburg.

Kindest regards,

Dave Francis

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Stayed there one night on my way to a job interview. Comfortable, clean, and an incredible shower. Next to an Applebee's as well. Very convenient. Pretty good breakfast as well. Nothing fancy, but it filled me up.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeanne G
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I spent one night here this week, was in Lynchburg to visit a friend. Comfortable and clean room. Great king size bed. Quiet. Good location. Right off the Lynchburg Bypass and near Highways 501, 29 and 460. A lot of shopping and restaurants nearby. Next door to Liberty University. For a quick stop, it worked fine for me and I would stop here again.

Room Tip: I think most of the rooms here are good. I was on the first floor and it was quiet and no problems...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jim4249541
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I found this to be a nice and typical Sleep Inn. The front desk staff was efficient. Plenty of parking. Right beside an Applebee's - literally walking distance. No fancy television, but works fine. Some of the curtains and comforter look outdated, but they still do the job. Hated the pillows - none were firm at all. I liked my room - it was comfortable and close to so much. The BEST cost for what you recieve in this area. Don't pay more.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MsSheila8
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Mediocre at best. Rooms needed refurb. (They still had a tube TVs, for example). Free breakfast is about all it's worth. Small lobby and breakfast area. I've stayed in a lot better for the same price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have stayed here twice now and LOVE it. It is quiet, impeccably clean (I don't know what the person was talking about a musty smell.) and the staff could not be more accommodating and friendly. The only reason I haven't given an excellent rating is for the breakfast, which is somewhat basic and not elaborate. I will also agree with the comment about the very small shower shelf, that gets a little cumbersome, but quiet, friendly, and neat and clean are my priorities! I LOVE this place!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed November 6, 2011

The staff is very friendly, really seems like they want to help. The hotel is clean, though the stairwell has a musty smell. Old school tvs. Bathroom area is small, but who really needs a cavernous bathroom? Sink area is outside the bathroom and that could definitely be bigger - only room for one person in front of the mirror at a time.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank CritterVA
David F, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. Your comments help us improve our product. We will have new HDTV flat screens that will be installed by December 31. We are also adding 10 more channels, which will increase the number to 73.