Sleep Inn
Hampton.com
$93
$120
Travelocity
All reviewsthe ice makerliberty universitybathroom area isbaptist churchroom was cleanwafflesgreat view of the mountainssuper closewalk in showerwould stay here againstaff was friendlyfront desk staffwithin walking distancevery nice place to stayneeded a place to stayin townother hotels
Reviewed July 8, 2011

More expensive than the Hampton Inn and nothing like as good. Noisy buzzing noise (possibly next room's A/C) went on throughout the night. Poor and inflexible lighting in bedroom. Shower door failed to close properly (Room 19). Breakfast mean and inadequate. Next door to an Applebees which is convenient if you don't want to drive into Lynchburg. Wouldn't bother with another Sleep Inn on the evidence of this one.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I read all of the reviews for this facility, so I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. The front desk clerk who checked me in was very nice. The check-in process went quickly. I was traveling with family so I got the room with two queen beds. The bed was very comfortable. Plenty of pillows. The air conditioner worked wonderfully! After reading the reviews, I knew there would not be a bath tub. This didn't bother me at all. The shower was very roomy with hot water and good water pressure. Everything was very clean in the room. Breakfast was ok. There were microwavable breakfast burritos, pastries, frozen french toast and waffles, cereal, milk, boiled eggs, and fruit. Not bad at all. The attendant kept everything pretty well stocked and clean. I will definitely stay there again when I return to Lynchburg. Very convenient to Liberty University.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Kara M
JoyFederico, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We apprieciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better!

Joy Federico
Director of Sales

Reviewed June 21, 2011

This review was hard because there many pros surrounding the hotel, but it’s also engulfed in many cons...here is my comprehensive review.

PROS
Location, Location, Location!
-There are many different places to eat here. Including an applebees, hardees, Mexican restaurant, and pizza place!
-Movie theater-CHEAP THEATER, plays movies that are 5-6 months old…cost between 75 cents and $2!!! Can’t beat it!!!!
-Shops-TJ MAXX. Sweet.
-Adjacent to University. Excellent for campus visits for family and friends.
Staff- Great staff. They get that” it’s a sleep inn”, and they really do their best to make it feel more like an upgraded hotel. They will be to the airport fast for a pick up, and will make cookies for you on request!  So…therefore, Kudos to the staff here!!!
CONS
It's a sleep Inn-problems with the internet. If you have an ipod or ipad...make sure you have the CURRENT update. otherwise you will NOT be able to connect to the internet here!
It’s a sleep Inn-uncomfortable beds. Very hard with limited padding. They are either really cheap, or old. Can’t figure it out. Two times, mine had urine stains on them.
It’s a sleep Inn-Thin sheets. Two sheets. One is the old fashion thicker sheet. (Once again, they are either really cheap or really old, mine had holes in them)
It’s a sleep Inn-No flat screens (not a huge deal to me…but it’s a sleep Inn)
It’s a sleep Inn-THIN WALLS! Biggest complaint of the hotel and nothing that the current staff or manager could fix without rebuilding the place. So not their faults…however, I could hear the person next door hang clothes on their hanger! That is how thin they are! T.V. noise is common as well. I have had a hard time sleeping here. I couldn’t imagine this hotel full with all the noise you would be hearing
It’s a sleep Inn-small workout room. Treadmill skips (be careful).
It’s a sleep Inn-Funky room design. Inspired by the late 1980s and brought into the 21st century. Wouldn’t enjoy this room too much if I had to stay in it for more than a night.
It’s a sleep Inn-Breakfast—It wasn’t terrible…just wasn’t impressed.
It’s a sleep Inn-smoking rooms…not a fan. Great if you smoke. Bad if you don’t
Overall, you can see the cons far outweigh the pros. If you can handle the crummy night of sleep from the noise and the bed, then this hotel is for you…this is the sacrifice for the location of the food, movie theater, and shopping. However, keep in mind, there are other hotels (not to be biased and name specific names) right next to the Lynchburg mall!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Nightcrawler4
JoyFederico, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I appreciate your constructive comments as we strive to exceed the expectations of each guest.

All of our rooms are non-smoking rooms, and we typically do not get complaints about the noise that you mentioned. I am sorry that your stay was affected!

Thank you for letting us know the areas that we need to improve. I have passed these comments on to the appropriate persons. I truly hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again.

Please contact me personally if there is anything further that I can do for you. Thank you for your detailed feedback!

Joy Federico

Reviewed November 11, 2010

After reading the previous reviews, wasn't sure what we'd find but it was great. Staff was friendly, room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
JoyFederico, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel! We are pleased to have been your hotel of choice and look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Lynchburg!

Reviewed June 26, 2010

Sleep Inn was quiet during the week I stayed there. All the staff was very helpful. The room was clean and roomy for one person. It would have been fine for two, also. I got free appetizers at the restaurant next door- show them your room key. Although the website doesn't say this, the Inn now has wireless internet in all the rooms. I agree with other comments about the breakfast room getting full, but between 6-7 AM there was plenty of room. The Inn offers discounts for LU students.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business