All reviewsthe breakfast areadrive thrutypical hiehi expressfirst floorroom was cleanliberty universitydecent locationhandicapped roomin townstayed here for a weekfree breakfaststaff personoff the highwaynice stayair conditionerstaff was friendly
Reviewed October 30, 2008

It was nasty! If it wasn't that it was alumni weekend and every other hotel wasn't sold out we would have left. Trying to keep this PG-13, we actually found an adult novelty "device" in our ice bucket. The girl at the desk ( who was very sweet) wouldn't look in the bucket and thought it was a dead mouse. She comped our room before she even knew what was in the bucket making me wonder how many dead mice she had already found that day. My husband whispered what was in there and she about fell over. On returning to the room the tub was clogged, the fan in the bathroom didnt work so the condensation dripped on our heads, the smoke detector was taped together and there were old cob webs stuck to the ceiling. The phones in the hotel did not work either. I emailed guest services in case they were not told what happened and recieved a pathetic email thanking me for my feedback and sorry for the inconvenience. Did i mention it was also my husband's birthday? Inconvenience? HA! Today I recieved another email thanking for my stay with an update on our priority points that they did not even give to us! Hate to see how they treat non-priority members.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank deemeck
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We just returned from a one night stay at the Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg. I was a bit worried based on some of the other reviews but our experience was entirely positive. We arrived a few hours before check-in but a room was ready and check-in was a breeeze. The rooms are a good size (about what you'd expect). The bedding was in good shape and the beds were very comfortable. You have a choice of a couple of pillow firmnesses which I appreciated. The wireless internet worked flawlessly and seemed to be quite fast. The pool is small but was nice and warm. The breakfast was quite good. A few hot items (omelettes, bread/gravy) as well as the usual cold items (bagels, cereals). My wife said she was very surprised how good the coffee was (and she is a picky coffee drinker).

We've never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before, but if they all are this good, we will definetly look for them in the future. We will absolutely stay here again when in Lynchburg.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 12, 2008

We got a first floor room with a king size bed. The room was very clean and looked very new, and the staff was very friendly. The free breakfast has a great combination of hot breakfast food (e.g. eggs, sausage patties, cheese omeletes, sausage gravy, etc...) depending on the day. It also has juice, coffee, baked goods, cereal, fruits, etc... I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2008

We originally booked two nights two rooms and were forced to only stay one night as an emergency came up and we had to leave early. The hotel would not refund the second night or even discount the rate. One of the rooms was non-smoking and it smelled terribly of smoke. We had to call the front desk to turn the shower faucet on as it was broken. I mistakenly left a shirt at the hotel and despite three calls back to them they were unable to "find" it. The front desk help, while cordial, was of no help whatsoever on any of these topics/problems. Emailed corporate and received no help at all. Filled out a satisfaction survey and received no reply. Really poor customer service. Beware!

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed March 27, 2008

This is an old hotel that has not been kept up. Everything from the ventilation fan in the bathroom not working, mold in the toilet tank, lack of hot water at the far end of the hotel, filthy HVAC, and yes, as most others have said the cigarette smoke odor in the 2nd floor hallway.

I politely voiced my concerns to the front desk. Nothing was done.

The only good things were the mattresses and the cinnamon rolls.

I emailed corporate. I received a form email thanking me for my comments.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business