“Stay anywhere else--HI Downtown if you have too”

Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I travel for business 100 nights a year, this was a terrible place. Poor service, rooms (no suites), dirty, among other things. I don't feel like elaborating. If you have to stay in Lynchburg, there are two newer hotels, a SpringHill suites by Marriott and Hampton Inn right next to it being built now, The Holiday Inn downtown is also much better---and they typically will give out a breakfast coupon with your room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Michael M
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear MerryManUSA,

Thank you for reviewing your visit to our Holiday Inn Express. We're very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay and our team will discuss your feedback as we aim to provide the best experience we can. Please don't hesitate to give me a call at the number below if you would like to have a more in-depth discussion regarding your visit. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The room was so smelly that I went to the desk and got room spray just to make it livable. Being New Year's Eve, and my spouse and I were driving cross country just to get home, the hotel pricing approached gouging. We stayed because of the lateness of the hour. Avoid this place on the basis of condition and cost.

Room Tip: Avoid. Too smelly and costly.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeitaLuetta
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear LeitaLuetta,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations. Providing a clean and comfortable environment is one of our biggest goals and I will pass your feedback onto our team in order to ensure our rooms are as clean as they can be. If you would like to discuss your visit further, please give me a call at the number below. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I rated this HIE "average" because it seemed dated and the bed was way too hard for my husband and I -- it may work well, though, if you like your bed super firm ! I guess I expected a great room for the price (price went up considerably on our second night since it fell on a Friday) -- no gym here, & that was a disappointment. BUT the plus side was a very friendly & helpful staff & we appreciated the Southern hospitality ! Also, even though the room felt old & somewhat musty when we entered, it still was very clean, so their staff does a good job cleaning the rooms for sure ! The location was great as it was close to where we went to a concert at Thomas Roads -- it was a quick drive around the corner. All in all, I would still recommend the hotel as my "complaints" really were related to my own expectations ! If you have the same expectations, you might take the negatives into consideration !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linnie D
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Linnie D,

Thanks for writing about your experience at our hotel - while I'm happy to read you found us extremely clean and our service helpful and friendly, I do apologize for the aspects of your stay that fell short of your expectations and our team will discuss your feedback for the future. If you'd like to discuss your stay further, please give me a call at the number below. Otherwise, we appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you the next time you're in Lynchburg! Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay immensely at this hotel. Clean rooms, comfy beds, a super friendly staff and a great breakfast buffet (which was attended by an ultra friendly employee who made sure everyone's needs were met with her southern hospitality). I had accidentally left some clothes in the drawers and fortunately had to return back to Lynchburg the following week. We loved the hotel so we rebooked there and housekeeping had found and returned my clothes to me when I arrived. Everyone at this hotel is on the ball! Highly rated!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gloria C
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear 1bugface,

Thank you for your review and I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed us so much that you booked another stay with us, as well as that our team was able to quickly find and return the clothes you'd left behind. We're grateful for your high ratings across the board and hope it won't be too long before your next stay! Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Right int he middle of Liberty University. Friendly staff and very helpful as well. Rooms are clean, everything functions properly and a good solid place to stay when in the area. The breakfast, like many of these hotel price points, serves a good bread, fruit, Yogurt, and oatmeal buffet. The hot food, well, is cholesterol city, but my group of young men thought it fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank wallpa

Dear wallpa,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express - I'm glad to read you had a clean, comfortable stay overall and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. It's also great to hear you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful during your visit. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing on your next trip to Lynchburg!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We choose HIE because it was pet friendly, but we found it to be extremely human friendly too. I have no negative comments because the service, cleanliness, comfort, location, and overall experience was great. The plumbing worked – no plugged up sink or shower – which we run into often in our travels. We thought the breakfast bar was well supplied with lots of choices and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. A good value for the price. Staying there made our two night stay very pleasant and relaxing… a home away from home.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dorothy G
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Dorothy G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express; I'm very pleased to read that you had a great, comfortable stay and we appreciate your kind words for our staff, as well as that you liked our complimentary breakfast and other amenities. Providing a home away from home is one of our biggest goals so I'm glad that we succeeded during your stay! Thanks again and we can't wait for your next trip to the area.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We recently booked our soccer team at this hotel for a Labor Day tournament. The place was packed but it didn't phase the staff...they were consistently present and very friendly. The front desk attendant quickly offered to make sure my points were transferred to my account (I didn't have the number handy). The breakfast was really nice and they had a number of ladies that would ask how we were doing, offer to get us something or clear our plates. Super nice and friendly! The rooms were what you expect: clean, updated and with digital wall thermostats. It is close to the mall and has a drive-thru Chik-fil-A next door - all good stuff. Overall, exactly what I expect from the HIE brand!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrea W
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Andrea W,

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay and are pleased to read that you had a great stay even though we were very busy - I hope everything went well with your soccer tournament. I'm also happy you found our guest service extremely friendly and helpful and had a clean, comfortable visit. Thanks again for your review and we hope it won't be too long before your next stay!