All reviewsthe breakfast areadrive thrutypical hiehi expressfirst floorroom was cleanliberty universitydecent locationhandicapped roomin townstayed here for a weekfree breakfaststaff personoff the highwaynice stayair conditionerstaff was friendly
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Although the rooms are rather small, this hotel offers excellent value and it's in a great location in Lynchburg. I have no complaints about it at all. Everyone on the staff was always smiling, friendly, happy to answer questions and help with whatever we needed. I'd suggest finding independent restaurants rather than eating at the hotel, although breakfast there was very good...and very convenient. Try dinner at Jimmy's, a few block away. The owner plays light jazz piano and the food is excellent. We were in town only a few days, but had no problems at all with the hotel or the staff there and if we go back to Lynchburg we'd probably stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Our stop at the Holiday Inn Express in Lynchburg, VA was such a pleasure. We pulled in late and we were greeted right away and given a very nice King room. Everything was clean and welcoming. Our room had nice towels, a great television, a sitting area and clean linens. There was a very nice exercise room and breakfast area. In fact, at breakfast the hostess offered to package up what I had not finished in case I wanted it for the road. The price was very reasonable (around $100) and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2010

There is lots of construction going on -- the lobby was trashed, the first floor halls were a mess, and many first floor rooms looked to be "in progress" -- but our room on the second floor was better than adequate (roomy, good bed, good internet, good LG lcd television). The breakfsat area looked to be already complete. It was modern and well-stocked, as expected. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2010

The first floor (except for the breakfast area) of this hotel is under renovation. We had a very clean, well appointed (granite bath vanity top, concealed fridge & microwave, wi-fi accessability, quiet heater/ac; new drapes, mattresses, bedding) newly renovated room on the 3rd floor. I believe the 2nd floor renovation has also already been completed. The renovation on the breakfast area has been completed and is very inviting, and the continental breakfast offered a variety of choices. We would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2008

It was nasty! If it wasn't that it was alumni weekend and every other hotel wasn't sold out we would have left. Trying to keep this PG-13, we actually found an adult novelty "device" in our ice bucket. The girl at the desk ( who was very sweet) wouldn't look in the bucket and thought it was a dead mouse. She comped our room before she even knew what was in the bucket making me wonder how many dead mice she had already found that day. My husband whispered what was in there and she about fell over. On returning to the room the tub was clogged, the fan in the bathroom didnt work so the condensation dripped on our heads, the smoke detector was taped together and there were old cob webs stuck to the ceiling. The phones in the hotel did not work either. I emailed guest services in case they were not told what happened and recieved a pathetic email thanking me for my feedback and sorry for the inconvenience. Did i mention it was also my husband's birthday? Inconvenience? HA! Today I recieved another email thanking for my stay with an update on our priority points that they did not even give to us! Hate to see how they treat non-priority members.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank deemeck