“Tea for two”

The Ploughcroft Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Lynchburg
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in downtown Lynchburg, VA, this exceptional, authentic British tea room offers both lunch and afternoon tea. Open from Monday - Saturday from 11 AM - 5 PM. Now open on Sunday's for Brunch from 11 AM - 2 PM. Reservations highly recommended
Bedford, Virginia
“Tea for two”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I was looking for a place for lunch, served a proper tea, good food and were I could linger and talk with my friend. The Ploughcroft Tea Room did it all. Called ahead for reservations and are table was ready and by the window which was wonderful. Chicken/mushroom pie for me and chicken salad for my friend. Both meals were excellent and served with salad and fruit. Limited selection of teas for a tea room in my opinion but served as a proper tea should be in a china teapot and cups and saucers. NO mugs in sight. We will be back....

• Visited July 2013

Marquette, Michigan
“A Delcant Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

When I visited for lunch, I had the Darjeeling Tea and chicken and mushroom pie.

The teas was a very nice and tasty black tea paired with traditional sugar cubes and milk.

Lunch was paired with mouthwatering fresh fruit and crisp salad. The chicken and mushroom pie was a very flavorful pie--sweet and filling! Not liquidity with a perfect crust.

The restaurant was beautiful and mismatched and I'm in love! Takes me back to London.

There was only 1 lady serving for the day and she did an amazing job. Fast, prompt service and very attentive!

• Visited June 2013
“A Positive Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the lunch at the tea room - I had the chicken/mushroom pie which was very good. I was a bit disappointed in the tea selection (very limited) and the dessert tray was definitely not something to write home about. But the waiter was good and the room was rather quaint.

• Visited June 2013
Fairfax, VA
“Missed Tea But a Nice Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We really wanted tea -- but they closed at 2 p.m. for a private party, so we went for lunch instead. Soup and salad enjoyed by two of us and I had the curry chicken salad which was excellent. Only complaint -- there were alot of onions in the salad so if you don't like onions, have them leave the onions out. We did get scones for dessert (great) and there was a scone with the soup and my chicken salad. We really enjoyed the tea and the place was packed. Excellent and friendly service and no snotty reaction when we asked for separate checks.

• Visited April 2013
Forest, Virginia
“Authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife is from Scotland and I lived there as well for over 12 years, so this establishment in our opinion is about as authentic as you can get outside the British Isle. The tea is the real deal, and the Shepard's Pie/ Cottage Pie that I ate was fantastic. I would get it again without any hesitation. The staff who work there are great and pleasant to speak with, so going here is a must, you will not be sorry!

Visited December 2012