“Tearoom Delight”

The Ploughcroft Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Lynchburg
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in downtown Lynchburg, VA, this exceptional, authentic British tea room offers both lunch and afternoon tea. Open from Monday - Saturday from 11 AM - 5 PM. Now open on Sunday's for Brunch from 11 AM - 2 PM. Reservations highly recommended
Reviewed August 21, 2012

What a pleasant surprise on Commerce Street, across from the Estate Specialists - English tearoom decor, excellent lunch, very friendly service. Will definitely return.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

We took our 11 year old daughter for your birthday! We had a lovely time and the food was wonderful. I am so glad we have this little bit of British atmosphere here in Lynchburg. (Oh, the scones are awesome!!!)

Reviewed March 2, 2012

My girlfriends and I frequent the Ploughcroft for their afternoon tea. Its so amazing. The staff is super friendly and the atmosphere makes you think of sitting in a British Grandmother's living room just having a nice spot of tea. The afternoon tea at 2:00 consists of an endless pot of tea and a tray full of cucumber sandwiches, biscuits, and treats. So good!

1  Thank Cutiepet2tie
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This is a wonderful place to relive your trip to Great Britain. Good tea, wonderful treats to accompany it and very nice atmosphere.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

My mom had been talking about visiting this tea room when I came to Virginia. We finally did. The cozy atmosphere was relaxing and we loved the china! Each piece was different which made the experience unique. I felt like I was sitting around and chatting in someone’s sunroom. We enjoyed a pot of tea and a light lunch. The food was delicious and the presentation was fabulous. The service was excellent. I had a very enjoyable time bonding with my mom. It will be a memory I will always cherish.