“Not a good night”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Gerald's
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Traveling on business and have been her before with decent results. Tonight was not good. I was alone and it took a bit of time to get seated. Waitress was very helpful with drink order. I ordered a salad and a veggie dinner. The salad took forever to come. Guess what? Literally, 30 seconds later my entree arrived. I told her that wouldn't work since it would be cold when I was ready. She was very apologetic and took it back to the kitchen. By the way, she said there was a trainee in the kitchen. Anyway, ions later when my entree arrived it was COLD and the flavor terrible. I give them credit. The entree was kindly deducted from the tab and I paid for the salad and drink. The "Manager" came over to apologize and offered her card and personal service when I returned. I assured her that I wouldn't be coming back.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Food was boring i was expecting great food here because this restaurant replaced a restaurant called 7 that restaurant had great burgers,wings,and pull pork don't no what happened to that place but the food was great sorry Gerald's but your food that i have tasted is not in the same class as the last restaurant that was here

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Food is often quite good. Service is OK, but can be a bit chatty and very informal at these prices. Why does one need to ask for salt and pepper and the soft drinks always seem flat. What is most disappointing is that the space has no character at all. Prices are rather steep for Lynchburg and one does want a bit of ambiance, but the owner has made no effort to make it comfortable, inviting, and upscale. Tables are ugly and chairs are uncomfortable Once or twice a year is fine, but I still go to Shoemaker's at least once a month.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I love to eat the lunch here--the salad bar is so delicious! I tried dinner a couple of times and wasn't impressed. Service can also be really slow. But the I still go back, just for the lunch salad bar!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

My husband and i ate there for dinner. The menu had sweet potato wedges as an appetizer, but they were fries. I ordered the fish and chips. The coleslaw had no flavor. The fish was over cooked and tasteless. No salt was on the table. My husband had the Pasta with marinara and sausage. It was soupy and tasteless. The layout of the place is very strange. The food was too expensive.

1  Thank BelieveItWhenISayIt