“great food for cheap.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Local Icon
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Lynchburg's best kept secret for cheap and delicious food. Since they are open 24/6, it makes getting the best cheesies and bowls around. Don't know what i mean, check them out and see for yourself. My personal favorite is the cheesy all the way add bacon and a bowl all the way. There hots are pretty good too. Oh and that homemade German chocolate cake is to die for. The staff are pretty relaxed which creates a very at home atmosphere.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

A small burger joint in downtown Lynchburg Va. Make sure you try to get the Cheesy Western with their homemade relish. The chilli is good too. My wife had to go back the next day for lunch. Don't expect any frills. Also check your cost. I think they over charged me on the night shift.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

As a Lybg native, I have eaten at the Texas Inn even prior to its current location back when it was on Main St. It was always the "go to" late night grub spot, especially after having imbibed a few brews.
The TI's claim to fame could probably be handed to the "cheesey" westerns and the chili. But is it any longer what can be considered as "chili". I think it has changed in some way that I cannot really put a finger on.

The other night we stopped in at the old location for a "too go" order, including a pint of chili. Next day the left-over chili was re-heated and the overwhelming flavor was of Grape Nuts cereal was the most prevalent flavor. Could it be possible that some filler is now being added that produced that mealy flavor? Closer examination found a few little tiny "nuggets" of what might have been meat, but... was it something else much less expensive? I couldn't swear that it was or was not specks of meat. Regardless, I felt I had been duped. I don't think they should call it chili. Beef-flavored bean soup might be more like it!

3  Thank Les P
Reviewed July 24, 2013

When it comes to diners and dives, a place has to know who they are. Texas Inn knows itself. I knew this coming into it as well.

The "Inn" serves food they can make good, and make it fast. Started out trying the chili dogs ("little pink" (color of dog + tribute to The Band's Big Pink record) with everything ("all the way" - can't help but smile with their phrase - special western relish, slaw, onions, cheese) in the "bowl with" Inn beans combo. Had some cheeseburgers with side slaw too, and my tired 17 yr old (travel ball tourney that weekend) was good to go. I asked for the beans to be spicier, but they did not have a huge amount of kick.

He asked to get more for lunch the next day before our ride back. We decided to get a bunch of Cheesy Westerns for a different kind of brunch. Home run! The Cheesy Western is their signature burger for sure.

In its food/restaurant category, the Texas Inn rates 5 stars with me because what they do, they do very good. I'd tweak the chili beans recipe a bit, but that is a minor complaint as they we still above average.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Don't miss this classic Lynchburg eatery. Fun, unpretentious with good food and lots of local color.