“Best place overall in town to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of RA Bistro

RA Bistro
Ranked #6 of 312 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
Transit: Located close by and throughout downtown Lynchburg.
Lynchburg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place overall in town to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

Everything I have ever eaten there is delicious. The menu is diverse but with some wonderful staples such as chicken Marsala, gourmet hamburgers, and crab cakes. The chef takes these dishes to next level. Love it!!! If you like martinis you will fall in love with R.A.

1 Thank kahrn03

Lynchburg, Virginia
“They make it right !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Was recommended to us, we went, my flank steak was not exactly the size promised, so they brought me another one. Problem solved, great tasting steak, will definitely order again.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank joe_liz902
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Good food, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

A great restaurant in downtown Lynchburg. They serve wonderful dishes and have a great wine list, martinis (if that is your thing) and an excellent selection of beers. The food is well prepared and flavorful. The only thing that I could find fault with is that they don't serve bread or rolls with the entrees.

1 Thank VirginiaTraveler014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good location and atmosphere, not the BEST in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

My wife and I went in for a late lunch and early dinner at the end of December. It wasn't crowded or busy at all.

The interior was well designed and seemed to fit the theme for this little corner of Lynchburg. Like it's neighbors, the Craddock Terry, Shoemakers, and Waterstone, this little bistro has an industrial modern feel with brick, open ceiling, city scape images and worker's lights.

The food itself was not amazing. We ordered a simple chicken parm pasta, sandwich and fries.

The pasta sauce was all right, but the chicken was obviously at some point frozen, and overdone. It's charred, crusty exterior was elegantly covered with the slop of cheese of and sauce on it. This is always the first thing I look for at any restaurant when I order this, and unfortunately, this joint failed.

The fries also, which are nothing to cut and oil fresh, were bought out, frozen, and tossed on a plate. What a waste!

If there was some more attention and care for the food to match the decor, then this place would be great, but it seems to be just another run of the mill local experiment in creating a new place with the same old, same old of any chain.

How unfortunate.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank ajax13
“Surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

Was in Lynchburg for business, and customers recommended a couple of places and we found this place on the way. Really nice atmosphere and wait staff was fantastic. We sat in a booth, but they have a nice bar and I would feel comfortable eating at it. We ordered filet which was very good and not crazy expensive. They had a wine special of half off bottle. I believe it was Wednesday. We even ate desert, which I rarely do. It was a really great experience. I would recommend it as a nice mid-priced, casual option. I will eat there again.

1 Thank KPinTN

Been to RA Bistro? Share your experiences!