“Special dinner while at Randolph”
Review of Mangia - CLOSED

Mangia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of one of the oldest neighborhoods in the country, Mangia is the cornerstone of historic Rivermont Avenue. The rustic Italian fare, extensive wine list, local artwork and convivial setting inspire a dining experience that is at once luscious and relaxed while allowing a family style feast. People watch on the Café, have an intimate dinner in the candle lit interior or lounge to the mellow live acoustics in the bar. Our chalkboard changes daily with local and organic specials or Italian classics. We invite you in as family; to share the very best we have to offer, on your terms.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is where we take our daughter and friends when we want something a bit nicer that is close to campus. I feel comfortable dressed up here. Subdued atmosphere, delicious food, date night vibe.

There are newer reviews for Mangia

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I and another couple ate dinner @ Mangia last weekend. The fact that we could get 1/2 entree was very good. You don't see that in many restaurants. The bread was only so/so - I prefer warm bread - it was cold. The olive spread was served with it and I did enjoy that. I ordered eggplant parmesan and thought it was pretty good. The thing that annoyed me was there was music playing in the background, but it was way too loud. I asked them to turn it down, but it didn't happen. I've been there for the $8 lunch and have enjoyed the good bargain. I think if I go back, it will be for the lunch.

1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our favorite place to eat in Lynchburg. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is terrific. Plan on taking your time… you will want to enjoy it…from the antipasti to the wine. Worth every penny!!!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We waited a long time just to be seated; and then after we were seated, we waited a long time again for our order to be taken. THEN, we waited what seemed like forever to receive our food...at some point the manager came by and told us our order had been accidentally delivered to another table, and offered us a free bottle of wine (I guess hoping we would drink outselves into forgetting the experience). When we finally received our dinner, it was only OK. Sorry, Mangia--not a good experience!

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Visited Mangia yesterday with party of five including one child. No children's menu which is very unusual to say the least. Offered several kid friendly alternatives at the $8 lunch price which was convenient but pricey. However the four adult lunches at $8 each was a great bargain and all of the meals including the child's meal were delicious. Lunch includes beverage, entree and tiramisu. House salad with grilled shrimp, spaghetti with mushrooms, penne with mussels, and chicken parm panini were all plentiful and very tasty.