“Good pizza”

Waterstone Fire Roasted Pizza
Ranked #2 of 312 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casual dining at its finest. Waterstone fire roasted pizza is not your average pizza joint. Offering the best in fresh ingredients. Appetizers, gourmet salads, pastas, sandwiches, pizza and desserts wash down perfectly with our very own Jefferson Street Brewery draught beer or one of many one-of-a-kind martinis. Our unique atmosphere is sure to keep you coming back for more. Serving lunch and dinner seven days a week. Glutten-free pizza & pasta available.
Charlottesville, VA
“Good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

Stopped in here on a Saturday night about 9:00 PM, waited about 10 mins for a table to open and had one of their micro brews to pass the time. We started with the calamari which was done very well. Light breading gave way to a hot crisp bite, marinara sauce served on the side was robust and chunky :-) Wife order the Margarita pizza and said it was one of the better she has had, I had some over abundant meat concoction and was equally as happy. Good place to go for a good beer and personal pie. They also had pasta entree which looked yummy, maybe next time.

columbus, ohio
“Upscale Pizza Joint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

I was in Lynchburg on business and went to Waterstone based on a recommendation of the local colleague. My first impression when I walked in the door was very positive. I was able to sit at the bar - a nice-sized bar of polished wood. I ordered a microbrew - I've had better, but still enjoyed it enough to order a second. The bartender laid out a placemat and provided silverware wrapped in a cloth napkin. The pizza that I ordered arrived quickly and hot with plenty of toppings that I ordered. The crust was great- thin. I highly recommend this pizza.

Virginia
“If you want good pizza and decent service, don't go here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

We ate at Waterstone Pizza on a Saturday night. We were prepared for the 50-minute wait, but they aren't. There really isn't anywhere but a small place to sit if you have kids (you can go to the bar if you don't). The waitress got two of our meal choices wrong, forgot a third and never brought two of our drink orders. While we were waiting for our wine (after all the other drinks had been served), the waitress went and took a very large table's order first.

All this may have been all right if the pizzas were good. They just were not. The dough is mediocre at best and the toppings on the 5 different pizzas we ordered were only fair. The warm crab dip was very good, but the bread not nearly enough for the whole dip and they charge you for additional bread.

The atmosphere was really nice, but that was about it. I would not go here again.

3 Thank IrishRed2
Washington, DC
“Fresh & tasty pizza and brew!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

Wood-fired stone oven pizza was amazing! Fresh local brew was excellent! No complaints; and that's a compliment! Would go back anytime I'm in Lynchburg. Fortunately, it's the only thing open on a Sunday night downtown.

Virginia
“If I lived there it would be my go-to place for food every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2009

Large, spacious restaurant with lots of charm. We ordered pizza, salad and dessert. Everything was excellent!!! The home brewed beer was outstanding. I would return here on a regular basis if I lived there. Probably the only negative was not knowing to drive behind the hotel (Craddock Terry) to find the place. If you stay at the hotel you can access the restaurant from the 5th floor elevator.