“Pizza is excellent”

Ranked #3 of 333 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual dining at its finest. Waterstone fire roasted pizza is not your average pizza joint. Offering the best in fresh ingredients. Appetizers, gourmet salads, pastas, sandwiches, pizza and desserts wash down perfectly with our very own Jefferson Street Brewery draught beer or one of many one-of-a-kind martinis. Our unique atmosphere is sure to keep you coming back for more. Serving lunch and dinner seven days a week. Glutten-free pizza & pasta available.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Had their Barbeque chicken pizza. Excellent. Crust was crispy, but not hard. Toppings were first rate. Try one of their craft beers too. I had an Oatmeal Stout that was as good as I've ever tasted. The service was attentive.

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Waterstone Fire Roasted Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

William - thank you!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Waterstone Fire Roasted Pizza was the best spot we ate at while in Lynchburg, which is why we're giving it a full five starts. The service was friendly and the food was good. I would not spend my money again on the appetizers: they are overpriced and not very good (although you get a large quantity, so if that's what the priority is...).

My husband recommends the pizza: a great crust and nice sauce to cheese ratio. I found the cobb salad to be delightful. If you go there, ask for Josh. He is efficient and friendly.

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Waterstone Fire Roasted Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Full disclosure - I lived in Italy for 4 years and have a wood fired pizza oven in my backyard. I felt the pizza here was not terribly authentic as a wood fired pizza; mine was a white pizza and seemed a bit too wet and soft. It wasn't bad, just not my type since I prefer the authentic pizza napolitana. I had started out with the bruschetta (which the bartender corrected my pronunciation to brushetta for; a demonstration of ignorance I always find a bit grating, but is encouraged by that awful American brand of Freschetta pizza that mangles Italian linguistic rules in their usage). It wasn't bad, but seemed odd as well - a stack of toasted pieces of bread and a pile of topping to assemble yourself rather than an actual plate of bruschetta; not what I expected. Seemed like there was way more topping than necessary.

The draught beers, on the other hand, were quite good. They pour five from the craft brewery upstairs as well as a guest beer. All were good, but I preferred the pilsner and the honey wheat. Helpful hint: you can buy a 22 oz. mug to use for $10 that they will fill for the same price as a pint, giving you an extra 6 ounces; the cost of a pint being $4.50 gives you a simple break even to see if it's worth it. I'm a sucker for souvenir beer mugs so I got one even though I didn't expect to have enough to really make it pay off, but it will if I have another business trip here.

I would come back for at least the beers and explore other items on the menu. What I got wasn't really up to my standards, but they're probably a bit higher than most for this cuisine.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I had dinner here with my husband and son. I had the turkey panini. It was good. My husband and son had a pizza. It was "plain, ordinary..." Which for my husband, is a disastrous pizza rating.
The service was friendly and good.
Beer was very good, though we did have the "guest IPA" so I can't vouch for their own beer.
Overall, a fine experience. Not sure why they're number 2, though.

1  Thank DocsGirlNY
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Everything about this place was great. Interior and atmosphere was on the nice side but people were anywhere from casual hikers to slightly dressed up. Seems like anyone would fit in.
We were there with two kids and the lively atmosphere masked any noise they made.
I order the Thai pizza. Yummy and slightly spicy. The kids menu is awesome. For $5.99 son got a generously sized personal pepperoni pizza, drink, and ice cream sundae. It would have been enough for me. Daughter got penne Alfredo and it was better than some of the Italian restaurant I have been in and it was on the kids menu.
The best part was the Italian salad. Ordered the half size for $5.99 and it was enough to split it with husband. Kids kept stealing the salami and cheese.
Oatmeal stout was pretty tasty too.
Decent prices, yummy pizza and welcoming atmosphere will have us coming back.

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Waterstone Fire Roasted Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you - very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience!