“Great pizza, beer and salad”

Waterstone Fire Roasted Pizza
Ranked #1 of 319 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Casual dining at its finest. Waterstone fire roasted pizza is not your average pizza joint. Offering the best in fresh ingredients. Appetizers, gourmet salads, pastas, sandwiches, pizza and desserts wash down perfectly with our very own Jefferson Street Brewery draught beer or one of many one-of-a-kind martinis. Our unique atmosphere is sure to keep you coming back for more. Serving lunch and dinner seven days a week. Glutten-free pizza & pasta available.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I really like this restaurant. We started with a beer. I ordered the pilsner and liked it very much. My brother ordered the dark beer and said it was very good. The Thai salad was really good. Order your dressing on the side otherwise it may get over dressed. Three of us at the table ordered three different pizzas; the Greek, the Supreme and the Margherita. All of them were delicious and only a few slices were left to take home. The service was quick and friendly.

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Waterstone Fire Roasted Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thanks for your review - appreciate your feedback!

There are newer reviews for Waterstone Fire Roasted Pizza

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Along river in Craddock Terry Hotel located in the newly renovated area of historic downtown. Lynchburg. Food and service were good. Casual dining great for families and couples alike. Brewery located upstairs. Great beer and wine selection.

Thank you Elvis - we appreciate your review!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

While in town visiting, I ordered carry-out from this restaurant, rated the #1 restaurant in Lynchburg. The pizza was good enough, but my niece's friend found a piece of glass on her pizza. She found it by biting into it, and she couldn't help swallowing some small pieces. The incident resulted in an evening in the ER. I called to let the restaurant know. I asked the manager for a refund, and let them know they would likely be incurring ER charges from the victim. Long story short, not only did the NOT give me a refund, but also they accused me of putting glass on the pizza so as not to pay for my meal. They said because I didn't give them the rest of the pizza (I only had a short time to visit with my niece, whom I hadn't seen in ten years, and returning it would not have been convenient) and they haven't yet been contacted by the victim (who had to leave school and see a specialist due to stomach pain), they didn't have any ef. Based on their behavior, I'm sure even if I had returned the pizza to them, they would have tossed it, and denied the incident. Suffice it to say, the pizza has not been discarded. The manager was not only adamant that there could NOT be glass in the pizza, but he also accused me of inventing my niece's friend, since they have not yet heard from her. Instead of trying to identify the root cause of the problem, they focused their efforts on blaming their customer. I don't live anywhere near there, so not eating there again isn't the question. But if you choose to eat here, caveat emptor. Their accusations exemplify why we live in a litigious society.

9  Thank moelladeville1
Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Waterstone Fire Roasted Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

There are two sides to every story.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We found this spot after a terrible experience at a local Lynchburg restaurant. Really kind staff, pretty good pizza, neat restored warehouse, and refreshing beer.

If we're in the mood for pizza the next time we're in town, we'll check it out!

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Waterstone Fire Roasted Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were only driving through, it was dinner time. So we thought, let's find the #1 Tripadvisor restaurant in Lynchburg. It turned out to be a pizza place. Well, my internal alarms went off. You mean pizza out-performed Italian? Indian? Mexican?? OK. I guess I won't have high expectations then.

So I thought, well, what's #2?? Another pizza place!!! I guess people in Lynchburg love their pizza!

So, we went with restaurant #1.

After driving through construction, thanks to our smartphones for navigating us to this "almost impossible to find place unless you're from here". We were apprehensive, but it's a converted brick building so the decor is "trendy" in an industrial kind of way. Once we made it through the glass doors (pretty) we found a warm environment with the open kitchen right up front. The colors are along reds and burgundies giving the restaurant a warm-winter feel.

Service was as expected, prompt and courteous. It's obvious that we ordered pizza. Both of us decided to try the gluten free. Although the waitress seemed to want to talk us out of it (??), we insisted.

The food was delivered shortly after and we had a delicious thin crust pizza. I would consider this pizza one of the better ones I've had in North America. Only Pizza Antica in San Jose California is better. And even then, they pale compared to pizzas made in Italy (I lived there for 3 years). So, overall it was a nice experience. If we lived in Lynchburg, we would return.

Oh, and we thought since it's on the river it would have a view. Nope. No view. Except of the circular stairs going to the second floor.

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Waterstone Fire Roasted Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

WOW - we send you many thanks! Apologize for the construction going on, but are very happy those Smart Phones got you to us:)