“Great tea selection”

Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 21, 2019

I've visited this place numerous times over the years both when I lived in town and anytime I come back to visit.

The tea is the reason I keep coming back. They have a much better selection than most places, and so much of it is excellent. A few teas I've never found a comparable replacement for still (and as someone who has over 100 varieties of tea at home, that's saying something). The chestnut tea in particular has been a love of mine since I first tried it. I'm not much of a coffee person, so I can't comment on that. It's also probably worth noting that they have a small selection of beers available.

The food is not always as excellent. That said, I've never had anything bad here. It's just not always good enough to make it what I'd want when I have to travel four hours to get there. If you're here and hungry, eat--it's unlikely you'll be disappointed. In general, I've found their breakfast dishes to be superior to their other offerings in recent times.

The atmosphere is great. It's a lovely spot to sit and stay for a while. There's a main room, a smaller back room, and I believe they still have seating on the back patio as well. There are a couple tables available in the storefront windows if you want to watch the traffic on main while you eat/drink.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed December 11, 2018

I visited this great coffee shop while visiting Lynchburg. They had what appears to be a Mill City roaster that two individuals use to produce outstanding coffee. I had the Congo light roast and it was fantastic; fruity, flavorful, and well balanced. They also offer scones and other breakfast items. I highly recommend visiting this cafe if you have the opportunity. It is an older building, highlighting the wonderful history and heritage of Lynchburg.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 4, 2018

Food and drink were both great. Service was better. Caual dress but a must visit, again and again. Right across the street from the Lynchburg Community Market.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2018

This cafe is adorable, the food is good, and the staff is very friendly. The cafe serves breakfast all day, and though I am not a coffee drinker, the coffee drinkers in our party said the coffee was great. The only issue we had was the order to table process. It wasn't clear when we entered the cafe that whether you were interested in table or to-go service, you had to stand in line at the register to place your order and then find a table to sit. It took about 15 minutes in line to place our breakfast order. When we placed our order, we were told it would be a 30 minute wait, but we actually waited one hour to be served our food. I recommend that they hire more wait staff and cooks so they can separate table and to-go service and get the food out more quickly. Once they work that out, it will be a great little cafe.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

Through the reviews we had seen we expected more or a restuarant. This is more like a coffee shop that serves food. We had breakfast, it was alright. But the coffee was really good, came back again for another cup

Date of visit: October 2018