“Highly recommended place to eat!”
Review of Hot and Cold Cafe

Hot and Cold Cafe
Ranked #16 of 324 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: Indian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
Description: Lynchburg's Premiere Indian-Mediterranean Fusion Restaurant. Taste homemade Indian and Lebanese food. Try our lunch buffet Monday through Friday. Many Vegetarian dishes. Menu includes Gyros, Hummus, Tabouli, Falafel, Baklava, Chicken Tikka Masala,Homemade Parathas, Biryani, Chai, Mango Lassi and the best Kheer (rice pudding).
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Uday Mukherjee runs a very nice restaurant! Went there for dinner and had a great meal! Mr Murkherjee is a very nice man and is a very good chef! I was not one bit disappointed with my meal! I will be making this a regular stop when I'm in Lynchburg, Virginia!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2010

I've been to this restaurant several times for the lunch buffet and I've enjoyed each time. It is a small buffet so there is not a lot of foods to try. There are usually only around six items and then some fruits, salads and sweets. It is so nice to find Indian food in downtown Lynchburg. The owner is very nice. It's a very small restaurant so not great for a large group but I love it all the same. I will continue to return.

1  Thank Mater2006
Reviewed May 17, 2010

The Hot and Cold Cafe serves up Indian and "Mediterranean" food. We ordered "Gyros" which were just lamb tidbits sliced up.

Since the lunch gyro platters were $13, I was VERY disappointed in the amount of meat., it must have been 3 ounces. And just because the meat is lamb, does NOT make it gyro meat (which is slow roasted on a spit). When asked if we would like it spicy, we said "sure" and it came covered in Tabasco sauce. That said, for lamb tidbits, it had great texture and was well-cooked.

For $13 bucks a plate, to be served so little lamb on styrofoam plates was a problem. My husband got baklava, which seemed to me a tiny tiny portion. Our plates were served with sliced banana peppers and a small sliver of a pickle (smaller than my pinky finger). We were offered endless pita bread and chips but this does not make up for the small amount of the actual food. It seems clear that the owner/staff tries to fill up the stomachs of his customers with condiments, bread and chips.

We ordered the mango pudding and kheer rice pudding afterwards which were both excellent and the portion sizes were good. The service was also excellent. My husband loved the baklava and said it seemed fresh, light and airy.

I really wish I had ordered the Indian food, because I think I would have had a better experience.

1  Thank RebeccaRaven
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Hot and Cold Cafe is one of my absolute favorite places for lunch. I work right across the street from it so it's very convenient, but even if I didn't work close by it would be worth the trip to me to go there. The food is always delicious (my favorite dish is the dal makhni and the chicken dishes are yummy too), price is good, and Uday is such a nice and conscientious owner/manager. If you're looking for something besides the usual sandwiches and burgers, give Hot and Cold a try. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed October 13, 2009

I have been going to Hot & Cold Cafe for a few years now as often as i can and Uday, the chef and owner, is someone who I am truly proud to know and support. His hard work and attitude toward the food and serving the people who dine in his cafe is admirable to say the least. This is the type of establishment where it is obvious that someone is pouring their heart and soul into everything that is done. That attitude show in the many great dishes offered on the buffet as well as the menu choices. I personally always get the buffet and it is something that greatly look foward to. If you are not someone who is familiar with Indian/Mediterranean food, simply tell Uday and I promise that he will be more than happy to answer any questions and make some great recommendations. Simply put, if every restaurant had a little of the soul from Hot and Cold, we would all be living and eating a bit better! Go for lunch TODAY

1  Thank blueridgemobile

Been to Hot and Cold Cafe? Share your experiences!