“big let down”

Cuisines: American, French, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
“big let down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

I understand that some things are out of the control of the restaurant like a table behind us that was so over the top loud that the two of us could not talk at a table for two till they left. but the food is under the control of the restaurant. the fried scallps were cooked to a dried ball, and the sad part was after trying two of then my wife set them aside and when she showed them to our waitress she said " ya i noticed the looked over done when I picked them up" then why did you serve something that you saw was wrong? my wifes Lamb was over cooked .. so dry that she also did not eat that ... evan after asking for it to be on the rare side. even the fies were so salty ....that you needed three glasses of water to swallow them. my steak wa the one thing that was good... thank god!! how hard is it to grill a steak?

• Visited February 2012

“A Lynchburg Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

my spouse and I love to eat here. It's a great break from the chains that Lynchburg seems to love. Bull Branch is perfect for either a date or dinner/drinks out with friends. Great food, unique dishes. Love the goat cheese appetize and the creme' dessert!

• Visited August 2011
Palm Coast, Florida
“Way over-priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

My husband and I visited here because I purchased a $20 groupon for $10. We spent about $40 + the groupon ($60 total) and had 3 "small plates" and 2 drinks. (The bourbon barrel stout is wonderful, try it!) The draught beer was only about $4 but the food was way over-priced. We had 4 very small scallops ($9) 2 spring rolls ($7) and hummus ($9). The dessert was a splurge but very tasty. My husband had the creme brulee and I had the "pot of creme" which was like amped up cholclate pudding. It was very, very rich.

The food was good but we left there relatively hungry. The atmosphere was very artsy/eclectic and I enjoyed that very much. The service was good too, our server was very friendly and accomodating. We won't be returning for food because, as I said, it was far too expensive.

• Visited May 2011
“NOT THAT IMPRESSED !!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

All I am going to say is nice, different and clean place the atmosphere is very nice. The food left me feeling what is this for the price. I was very disappointed with the meal plus the service for two couples and four people at the bar in the restaurant were extremely slow. My husband and I doubt we will ever venture back to Bull's Branch.

• Visited March 2011
Virginia
“A Treasure. Should be #1 on the Restaurant Review List!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

If you think it is one of the best places to eat in Lynchburg, you are wrong, it is THE BEST restaurant in Lynchburg. It is cosy, friendly, and has the most adventurous menus I have encountered and the excellent wines are not only affordable they make an evening even more pleasant and delicious! We often take our out-of-town friends there to show off this gem of a place that is not only very reasonably priced (given the brilliant quality of food) but it will make any foodie happy with its Asian, Mexican, Mediterranean, American or Continental offerings. Even vegetarians (I am one) can come away sated with a delightful and yummy meal! Oh, and what I also like about Bull Branch is that the taxes are included in the price of the food, so you don't end up with an unpredictable total in your bill.