SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg Airport University Area
Hampton.com
$120
$97
Fairfield Inn
All reviewssleeping areafront deskwafflesliberty universitynatural bridgeroad noisefront facingwould stay here againin townoutdoor poolbreakfast was includedsmall refrigeratorpull out sofacoffee makervisiting familyconvenient locationrooms are clean
Reviewed March 27, 2014

In ten days, I stayed in 3 hotels in 3 cities.

The Springhill suites in Lynchburg was a 6 night stay. Then I stayed 1 night at a Hampton Inn in Raleigh, NC. After that was a Holiday Inn Express in McAllen, TX.

Going backwards in time, my trip to McAllen, TX. Sometime before my arrival in McAllen, I shipped two 90 pound each equipment boxes to the hotel. The Holiday Inn Express graciously accepted the shipment three days prior to my scheduled arrival, stored them until I arrived and then kindly put the heavy boxes in my room before I checked in. I was extremely grateful that I didn't have to wrestle those boxes into my room after traveling all day. I was also pleased at the ease of check in and lack of issues with the room.

Going backwards some more, my trip to Raleigh, NC. I arrived at the hotel, stated my name, showed ID and was handed two keys to my room. I walked down the hall to my room and there were no problems. The only thing that would have improved this stay was if more people had been working the front desk for check-in. Overall, a pleasant stay at another non-Marriott property.

Go back a little further to my arrival at the Springhill Suites in Lynchburg, VA. At a little before 6 pm on a Saturday, I approached the counter, stated my name, showed ID and then watched as the clerk hit multiple keys on her computer. She finally gave me a key to room 201. I grabbed my bags and headed upstairs. As I approached the room, I noticed a housekeeping cart in the hall and a housekeeper across the hall in room 202. She saw that I was going into room 201 and said she didn't think the room was ready, yet. I opened the door enough to see that she was right. There was stuff scattered everywhere. I dragged my bags back downstairs and told the clerk that the room wasn't ready. After she consulted with a person identified as the head housekeeper, I was assigned room 214. I dragged my bags back upstairs and noticed that the latch was turned and holding the door to 214 open. A nearby housekeeper indicated that the room wasn't ready, so I didn't bother to look. Went back downstairs dragging my bags and told the new person on the desk that I was going to dinner and hoped they had a room ready when I got back.

When I returned to the Springhill Suites in Lynchburg at 7:30 pm, there was a third person on the desk. He gave me keys to room 207. At least this room was ready. I asked about some compensation for the inconvenience and Willis indicated that it wasn't his fault, he wasn't going to do anything and I could talk to the manager then next day because she had already gone home. At that point, I was ready to leave the hotel. The primary reason I stayed was that I'd coordinated travel with a coworker and wanted to avoid the inconvenience of being in different hotels.

On Monday, my coworker and I returned to the Springhill Suites in Lynchburg at about 4:00 pm. We discovered that neither of our rooms had been serviced, but that the carpets had been cleaned. The note on the desk about the carpet cleaning indicated that a quick drying agent had been applied. Considering that the floors were still wet the next morning, I'm glad they used a quick drying agent. Otherwise, they probably would have still been wet when I checked out on Friday.

My coworker and I both submitted complaints to our corporate travel agency. When we got no response to that, I complained on the Marriott website. I was finally contacted by Michelle Osbourne who said she was the general manager of the hotel. After speaking with her for about 15 minutes, I was promised 60,000 Marriott points as compensation for the issues I encountered. To date, I have received 50,000. To make matters even worse, the coworker who had fewer issues (only had to deal with the wet floors, not the botched check in) has already received 60,000 points. I'm not sure that the points really matter, since I'll probably hesitate to book any Marriott property for a while, but this is just another example of a broken promise.

Bottom line, if I could rate with negative stars, I would. I expect to be traveling back to Lynchburg frequently. Fortunately, there are a few other options than staying at the Springhill Suites because I won't be there again.

Date Stayed: March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeff C
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg Airport University Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Jeff C,

Thank you for writing a comprehensive review of your stay at our hotel - I deeply apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and our team is discussing your feedback to improve our service and avoid similar issues to the ones you faced at check-in, as well as following up regarding your Rewards points. Please give me a call at the number below if you would like to discuss further and I will be happy to speak with you. Again, we're very sorry for the inconvenience and hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Hotel property over all is clean and well kept. I asked for an extra pillow, but the guest service agent said he was the only one working the mid shift and we would have to get it ourselves. No problem with getting what we need at the front desk ourselves, but no maintenance or houseman on a busy weekend? There was a baseball tournament and lots of teams from what I remember. I would have to say hello to the guest service agents because when you walk by the lobby they don't say a word, wave, or even smile?

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank iduhbicboi
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg Airport University Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear iduhbicboi,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel - while we're glad you found us nice overall and enjoyed many of our amenities, providing excellent, friendly service is one of our biggest priorities and we're sincerely sorry that we fell short of your expectations. Our team will discuss your feedback promptly in order to improve in the future and show our guests how much we appreciate them; please give me a call at the number below if you would like discuss further. Otherwise, we are glad you rated our cleanliness, rooms, and the quality of your sleep so highly and hope to have another opportunity in the future to provide the service you deserve and expect. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I am a travel agent and while looking at colleges my daughter and I stayed at this hotel the night before we toured Liberty. This hotel is close to all of the schools in the area. The staff was very helpful in providing us with directions of the area. The hotel appeared new and clean. Breakfast was great. If ever in the area again I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg Airport University Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear luv2travel068,

Thank you for taking the time to review our SpringHill Suites - as a travel agent I'm sure you have a great deal of experience with hotels so we're delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and hope you had a good time touring Liberty with your daughter. We're grateful for your 5-star ratings and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Lynchburg! Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Double bed room not laid out well. TV was located in between sitting area and beds. The biggest problem was the mold and dirt on the shower curtain. There are better hotels in the area. My daughter attends school in the area and I often stayed in Lynchburg. This was my first and last stay at SpringHill Suites.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg Airport University Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Tanka12014,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us and deeply apologize that it fell short of your expectations. Maintaining a clean environment is one of our biggest priorities and our housekeeping team will discuss your feedback promptly to help improve our service. If you'd like to discuss your visit further, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at the number below. Again, we're very sorry for the inconvenience and hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Rooms are clean, everything functions properly and a good place to stay , all employees seem to be extra friendly ,Staying there made our two night stay very pleasant and relaxing… a home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg Airport University Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Roe D,

Thanks for reviewing our SpringHill Suites; I'm very pleased you had a great stay and found our guest service so friendly! It's also great to hear that we succeeded in providing a home away from home for you. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Lynchburg!