“Clean and Nice”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Clean and Nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a newer hotel and you can tell that the staff takes care of it to keep it clean. Our room was extremely clean and very comfortable. The hot breakfast in the morning had a good selection and the workers were always adding food. Even though you are right across the street from the airport you don't hear any noise. I would definitely recommend this place for a stop if you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay. You are only about an hour from the Natural Bridge, which was worth the drive. Be warned though that getting to the Natural Bridge you are on an extremely windy road the entire time. Plus, you are really close to shops, food and downtown Lynchburg.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear raindrops554,

Thank you for reviewing our SpringHill Suites. I'm glad to hear you found everything clean and comfortable and our guest service was efficient. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you the next time you're in the Lynchburg area!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were in Lynchburg for one night for the Big South baseball tournament and decided to stay here for location - very convenient to Liberty & food. Room was spacious, bed comfortable, and breakfast was good. We were on the highway side but traffic noise was not a problem. The only negative was not the hotels fault. You have to make a u-turn to get to the hotel from Lynchburg and it is (was) not a protected turn and traffic was heavy. We would stay at this property again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Retired15,

Thanks for your review and I hope that you enjoyed the tournament while you were in town. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your guest room and and all of our amenities and that you had a quiet stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Ashburn, Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I loved the spacious, executive type room, with real coffee mugs, comfortable pillows, and a true suite with couch. The breakfast was good. Hot and fresh. Full.

Two things of note. Hide-A-beds are not comfortable with springs poking you. And, the outdoor pool is a very mini-pool. It wasn't open...not till later in May.

Even with these things, I would stay again. It was very pleasant and fresh.

• Stayed May 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear GetOutAndGoTours,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm delighted that you found our guest rooms so spacious and comfortable as well as that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We appreciate your feedback, too, and I will pass your comments on to our General Manager for discussion. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Lynchburg!

Tega Cay, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Really like the new style of Springhill Suites, modern style with living area in front part of room with partition for beds. Very clean, nice staff and easy access to highway. We were looking at colleges in Lnchburg so this was a nice place to stay and be able to see all three in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear lookmarketing,

Thank you for your review and I hope you enjoyed the colleges you visited while you were in Lynchburg. I'm glad to hear you had a great all-around stay and found our style to be very modern and functional. Thanks again and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Greenville, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

In Lynchburg, there are 2 Marriott properties, if you are a Marriott fan I definitely prefer the Springhill.

The hotel is newer, service is awesome, they had a managers reception a couple of nights. The Springhill rooms are always spacious and laid out very, very well.

The internet speed was good, water pressure and temp were good, bed was soft, and breakfast was good. In regards to location, you are a 2 minute drive from all the restaurants and shops.

So for me this was the perfect hotel for my visit. If I return to Lynchburg, I will definitely be back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear majones7,

Thanks for reviewing our SpringHill Suites. I'm happy to hear that you had a great stay, found our guest service exceptional, and that you could take advantage of many of our amenities. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I understand that Springhill Suites is not in the top tier of Marriott's line of hotels and facilities. I know that it is a value property. But, with that said, this is a very nice property. Across from the Lynchburg airport and up 'the hill' from Liberty University, this property offers a very clean facility, and a pleasant staff. I have stayed here about 4 weeks spread over 6. By the second week the recognition factor was high, and I was being greeted by name by all the staff. I was impressed by that - it's a little thing I know but I appreciate it.

I made some basic requests from day one, and those requests have been honored on every stay without reminder. Every week they put me on the first floor, they remove feather pillows, and check on my comfort. I don't even get that when I stay at a full service Marriott, or even a Courtyard. Praises for paying attention to me.

On the downside, and I know that this is a standard issue with all properties in this brand, is the breakfast. Powdered dry eggs, canned gravy with reheated frozen biscuits and pastries fresh from the cellophane does not make an attractive meal. The kitchen is clean, the serving area immaculate, the people doing the breakfast service were quick, efficient, and very courteous. I don't drink coffee, but people seemed to like that aspect. Sheetz is a quarter mile up the road in either direction, and I usually grab something for breakfast there. There is also a Bob Evans if you really want something substantial. Overall, the breakfast offering doesn't deter me, but it doesn't incent one either.

Now back to a positive. Last week I went to do laundry in their customer laundry room. I loaded the washer, inserted my quarters, pushed the payment lever in, and the device got stuck. Machine useless! I went to the front desk, the desk agent came, couldn't unlock the machine. He immediately pulled a single from his pocket (Yes, the washing machine was only a dollar - thank you Springhill management for that little plus) and handed it to me. He then offered to do my laundry for me in the building laundry room by the front desk. Wow, he didn't have to, but he did! Thank you to that young man who did that.

The room was very nice and basic with extra room for business work, couch space, and a small micro and fridge. Even on the first floor this room is quiet while facing the parking lot. The wall AC unit is quiet as well. A painful thing for me to live with sometimes, but these units were fairly silent and temp accurate. Great king size bed although I don't understand why you make them up to feel short-sheeted when you get in bed - I figured it out soon enough. Even a clock radio with iPod docking options.

Finally, every staff member I've met, young and old, have been great people. Nice and outgoing and service oriented. Whoever is running this property - great job of employee selection. Even the room attendants are nice.

Overall? Clean! Nice! Good Service! Super nice rooms! Skip Breakfast! Stay Here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear McQuality,

Thanks for writing such a comprehensive review of your recent stays. We appreciate you lodging with us so often and I'm happy to hear that our staff has been so helpful and able to take care of your requests. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our GM so she can recognize their hard work. I apologize that our breakfast doesn't quite meet your standards and we do appreciate the feedback. However, I am glad that you've enjoyed your guest room so much and just about everything else as well. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your future visits!

Dillwyn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

The room was great and the staff very upbeat. The room was very spacious wit sofa and mini kitchen. One TV shared between bed area and living room. TV reception on some news channels was poor but since I needed some sleep it was not an issue.

• Stayed April 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Chuck S,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your guest room and found our staff so friendly. We hope to see you again soon!