“Would definately choose to stay here again!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Lynchburg

SpringHill Suites Lynchburg
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Would definately choose to stay here again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here two nights in August on an extremely busy weekend while moving my son into Lynchburg College. The room was spacious, clean & I really loved having the "divided room". All of the staff we encountered were very nice... Particularly on Saturday (Aug 18th) the gentelman working the front desk overnight.. I am afraid I do not remember his name. However while working on a project in my room late that night I realized I did not have any tape I went to see if there was any for sale in the little "shop" at the front & there was not however he was quick to loan me some from the front desk, & he was very friendly & well mannered. The only negative I encountered was a personal pet peeve.. I did not like watching staff being right outside the doors, smoking cigarettes blowing the smoke out right as they were walking in & going right back to working without stopping to wash their hands. .. I personally think that it just looks bad to see staff smoking right outside the doors, but every thing about the hotel was great! I not only would stay there again, but it's a place I would reccomend to my mother.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

3 yr old hotel and I am far from impressed. I am a Platinum member with Mariott and this is the worst Springhill suites I have been to in a very long time. There was a burn mark on the carpet in the sink area. (i first thought it was a bug or dog poop). The carpet is the "carpet squares" so this square should have been lifted and replaced. The pillows stunk from a smoker. Wish I changed rooms cauz it kicked on my allergies. But it was late when I went to bed and thought I would suck it up for one night...bad idea. Furniture is kinda like IKEA furniture. Lime green sofa had pillows cushions that barely fit and did not look uniform. Soooo glad I only stayed one night because this was not a place I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shersei
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We drive down from NY several times a year to visit our daughter who goes to school in the area and have stayed in many hotels, but this one is our favorite and I try to book it every time we come down. The room price might be a bit higher than some other hotels in the area, but it is worth it. The hotel is beautifully decorated, the rooms are clean and the staff is top notch. After a 9 hour drive and in no mood for nonsense it is wonderful to be warmly welcomed. General Mgr Michelle Osbourne made check-in a breeze and made us feel at home as soon as we stepped in through the door. She assigned us to a king suite room on the fourth floor facing the rear which was immaculate. The room had a separate living room area with a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, office desk and chair and sleeper sofa. The sink area is open to the bedroom and is separate from the toilet and shower. This works out well as it allows us to multitask ie., I can shower while DH shaves and doesn't have to worry about a steamed up mirror.

Breakfast has good options. Oatmeal with plenty of fixings to spice it up like walnuts, dried cranberries,brown sugar and cinnamon. Assorted pastries, bagels, muffins, breads, waffles, sausage, eggs, good coffee with several types of flavored creamers, OJ and yogurt. Breakfast manager Takia is a pleasure always checking to see if we have everything we need and is on top of ensuring all breakfast items are refilled even on the most crowded days.

Every worker that we encountered always greeted us with a hello and good morning and generally sounded as if the truly wanted to be there which speaks volumes of the management. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Hotel was pleasant - large rooms, helpful staff. Original room we were given had a funny smell and the staff were quite willing to change it. There were a couple of family reunions and a wedding party staying in the hotel so it was very busy. We were staying in a room at the front of the hotel so the lights were a little bright at night. The breakfast was well organized and well stocked. The pool was so small that it was like a giant bathtub instead of a hotel swimming pool, and if there were 6 people in it you felt like you were in each others' space. But it was still an opportunity to cool off and play around for the kids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Frostproof, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Handy, clean, comfortable room and beds. Good breakfast with a very helpful attendant.
Visited Monticello and Montpelier while in area. One small complaint. Scratchy towels. Need replacing. Plenty of restaurants in the area. Short drive to them.

Room Tip: Get a room out back. Some traffic noise up front. (If you're a light sleeper)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently while on vacation and were very happy with the accommodations. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The living area was spacious and included an extra long couch. The included breakfast in the lobby was your standard hotel breakfast--fruit, cereal, pastries/bagels, eggs & sausage, and a couple of waffle irons. The waffles were great and they included cups of what seemed to be real maple syrup. The staff was friendly overall. They only had one person working the breakfast area so things were not always refilled quickly. Parking in front of the hotel fills up quickly, but we did not have any trouble finding a spot behind the hotel. Overall, we would stay here again if we make the trip to Lynchburg.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pecanspin17
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed there for business. Will stay there again when I return. Large rooms and very comfortable. Had all the ammenities needed. Friendly staff, decent breakfast, internet and close to my jobsite and restaurants. No complaints except maybe the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business