“A Lynchburg Gem”

Lynchburg, VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Lynchburg Gem”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

While a little pricey, Dish is one of only a handful of Lynchburg options for some truely creative cuisine. My wife and I have eaten at Dish somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 times, and we've never been disappointed. Some of our favorites include the filet with egg, pork tamales, quail with granny smith apples and blue cheese, and duck confit spring rolls. I'd also highly recommend a cheese plate with a few of my personal favorites being the Cabot Cheddar, Humbolt Fog, and Hudson County Camembert. The service is consistently good, and while the atmosphere is perfect for a date or double date, I wouldn't recommend it for a large group or party.

Visited April 2012

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Just Say NO!”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My wife and I frequented this restaurant with an open mind. We had read both positives and negatives here and on other sites. Suffice it to say we should have taken the caveats to heart.

There were two wait staff this evening, our waiter and a server or hostess. Both of them were very glum and unpleasant - as if we had just interrupted them from doing something more important than earning a living. Our waiter in particular was very zombie-esque with no emotion no clue that he wanted to be there. He was less than helpful and acted as if someone had just beaten his cat to death in a pillowcase. I think he wished he was home watching Montel or something. Honestly I was personally offended by his demeanor. Anyway...

The food... It was okay I guess. I could dissect each dish and tell you what was right or wrong but I'll just say the food was just so-so for the most part. The one glaring problem with the food was the price paid for each small portion. For the price of an entree elsewhere, you get a SMALL plate of food. My wife and I spent $50 on food and left still hungry (well I left still hungry). I'm not someone who must eat at a buffet to be satisfied either but I do still need more than two small appetizer sized portions for a dinner.

Suffice it to say that a day later I still have unpleasant memories of this place. I'm thinking of calling the owner to complain about the waiter also as he was that bad.

I'd say stay away from Dish and try the other top ranked restaurants downtown.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank lburgguy
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“CamFam”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

The food was good but be sure to check if it is spicy before you order. I love meatballs, but they were too hot for me to eat. Luckily one of my dinner-mates traded with me since she loves spicy and i got the steak instead off her plate. The service and ambiance is wonderful.

Visited February 2012
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Great place for tapas”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

If you love tapas then eat at Dish. Very quaint atmosphere, impeccable service, good wine list and selection of beers. The choices sometimes seem to be odd combinations they always taste great. Enjoy!

“Sorry...Not a fan.”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Perhaps small plates of overpriced entrees appeal to some... Sorry... Not me. I tried to keep an open mind... I really did! But... $16 for dinner and I had to stop for something else to eat on the way home. I found the menu offerings a bit unusual and unappealing