“Second time as good as the first.”

Shoemakers American Grille
Ranked #2 of 324 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Located on the Bluffwalk in historic downtown Lynchburg, Virginia, Shoemakers American Grille offers fine cuisine in an upscale industrial setting. Its shoe themed rooms and décor reflect Lynchburg’s rich history in the early 1900’s as the mecca for all things shoes and tobacco. Bar opens Monday - Saturday 4:30 pm for Happy Hour.
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Back n Lynchburg for family this time. Since Shoemaker's blew me away in May, when on business, thought I would take my favorite uncle and aunt for a visit.

A repeat performance. Food was wonderful, service was five star and we had a blast. Thank you folks.

1  Thank Ley74
Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Shoemakers American Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

We love it! Thank you so much.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Although a little difficult to find, the effort was worth it. The transition of an old shoe factory into an excellent restaurant is interesting. Our server Thomas was very helpful in telling of the history and how this restaurant became very popular. Food was very well prepared and priced. Would visit again.

1  Thank Atty V
Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Shoemakers American Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

We're happy you found us - thank you for the nice review!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I went here for a dinner date together. Everything was so good. He got the prime rib and it was very juicy. I had the seafood soup with a crab cake. Very yummy. The ambiance was delightful and service was excellent. Cliff, our server, did a great job with menu selections and recommendations. I would go again in a heart beat! Thanks for a great evening!

1  Thank lriacobelli
Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Shoemakers American Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Thank you! We so happy we made your special occasion so memorable - come back to see us soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

From the moment we entered the bar we were met by Kristen, she was absolutely amazing! Got me some fine wine and husband an amazing flight of beer. Full of amazing smiles and chat, what an absolutely wonderful member of staff to have on your team. Credit to your restaurant. Now food, fillet mignon and a steak special, Roger you are an amazing chef! Cliff you were shy but so cute and we loved your service. Come to Lynchburg just to meet Kristen, enjoy Cliff's service and Roger's amazing amazing food. Hotel is really really cool too, get room 101 with the terrace, it's a suite and amazing! You guys are AWESOME xx

2  Thank spentafortune
Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Shoemakers American Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

All we can say is, WOW about your review! Thank you so much and we're very pleased you enjoyed our service, food and overall experience - come back and see us!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 30th anniversary at Shoemakers. Scott, our waiter, was excellent - friendly, conversational and timely throughout the meal. The food was exceptional, noise levels allowed for normal conversation (even though my bride insists I need a hearing aid). We both had an 8oz filet. Both were cooked as requested. The wine list is ample and the cheese cake is a great way to end a meal. Altogether a fine evening - not inexpensive - but well worth it.

1  Thank Robert19492014

Thank you for celebrating your special occasion with us and we're very happy you enjoyed your experience!!!