“Fantastic food, atmosphere and service”

Shoemakers American Grille
Ranked #2 of 324 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Located on the Bluffwalk in historic downtown Lynchburg, Virginia, Shoemakers American Grille offers fine cuisine in an upscale industrial setting. Its shoe themed rooms and décor reflect Lynchburg’s rich history in the early 1900’s as the mecca for all things shoes and tobacco. Bar opens Monday - Saturday 4:30 pm for Happy Hour.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Only place worth visiting in Lynchburg. Great steaks, awesome bar and fantastic service. Ask for Kristen and Jen - great bar tenders.

2  Thank msaffer

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I came here for dinner with my husband and young son. We are staying at the attached hotel.
I see exactly why they are #1 in town. The food was really great. My husband had a burger that was delicious. Cooked perfectly and very flavorful. He also had a side order of corn and spinach succotash. Yummy!
My son had a steak and sweet potato fries. Both were delicious. The steak was cooked exactly how we asked.
I had a salad with grilled tuna. It was fine. Fresh. Definitely paled when compared to the burger or steak. (But, isn't that usually the case?)
The service was attentive and friendly. We sat in the bar area as the main room was full and we didn't have reservations. This was perfect with our little one.
The manager, (I believe her name was Michelle,) was friendly and interested how our meal was.
Overall, this was a great experience.

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Shoemakers American Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you - appreciate your nice review and we're so happy you enjoyed your experience!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Sat outside and it was a gorgeous evening.. the food was so delicious. our waitress had all the outside tables but handled it very well.. our whole experience here was very rewarding.. for a really nice dinner do not hesitate to go here

Thank you Linda!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The food is excellent and the restaurant is beautiful. Most of the staff is pretty good but they can be snippy and rude. I will go back but will demand to be treated nicely. I am paying a lot of money for my meal. I am the customer and I deserve to be treated as nicely as possible.

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Shoemakers American Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you - we appreciate your feed back concerning our service and will address to the staff!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

You always get a nice welcome at this great restaurant. the food is always wonderful and the service terrific. I travel a lot to Lynchburg and always try to get here when I am in town. My husband and I have stayed often at the Craddock Terry Hotel and it is fun to hang out at the bar when we are in town. I highly recommend Shoemakers and the Craddock Terry. I also highly recommend getting a reservation at both as they often are fully booked.

Molly, we appreciate your kind review!