“Not like the reviews!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Great Bend, United States
“Not like the reviews!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I chose this hotel based on the tripadvisor reviews. I can't understand how it got rated so high. The room had a bed (average quality), a small square table (I guess it was supposed to be the "desk"!), a rolling chair, a small fridge, and a small microwave. The bathroom was dated, as was the rest of the room. The room didn't even include a coffee maker! When we went to check out at 6:45 am, the sign at the check-out desk said "will be back in 10 min". My husband and I figured that the desk clerk was probably also the breakfast room preparer/replenisher. I'm considering enrolling in an online degree program at Liberty University with some required campus short-courses. I definitely will not stay at this hotel when I'm in Lynchburg.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side of the parking lot. There was activity in the parking lot at 11 pm!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I always stay here when we're visiting Lynchburg or attending events at Liberty University. Most recently, we stayed for a two-day getaway. We especially enjoyed the pool which opened promptly at 9:00 a.m. The front desk staff is always nice. The free breakfast is simple, but we highly recommend the waffles which are DELICIOUS! My only suggestion is that you CHECK YOUR WINDOW when you first get into your room to make sure it's LOCKED. Our window was not locked and someone could have easily climbed in the window since it's on the first floor. Other than that, we enjoyed every aspect of our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle7497
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I am very surprised by its Tripadvisor rating. It is beyond surprise because it has two beds in a room and the mattresses are pretty much plywood with some padding on top. You do enter via a central hallway which is very dark. The parking lot is paved and also unpaved. It is a hole in the wall! Somehow I'm skeptical that so many people gave it very nice comments. We booked, then looked at it, and people sleeping in their cars, and sat on the beds. Lost our money for the night but could NOT stay there.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Silver S
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Clean, affordable, friendly, and most importantly, no hassles. I was directed here via social media, and the reviews were spot on. It would be easy to miss this place and pay out the nose at the bigger hotels in Lynchburg. A very nice blast from the past. It'd be great if there were more places like this.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was was beyond impressed... The customer service here was amazing from check in to check out. Our room had been updated which gave us a inviting feeling. There was also a fridge and microwave in the room. The rooms are located in a central hallway which smelled fresh and were clean. They also have security cameras located throughout the property. The only things that I can say negative are the really firm beds and there could be a better selection for breakfast. Overall our stay was wonderful and if we are in the Lynchburg area we will be staying again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I was impressed. Expected a hole in the wall...nice floors, great clean smell and security cams in hallways. Beds were a little firm but a great little place to stay. If I ever make it back to Lynchburg...I will stay here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank J.R. S
Asheboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed here for a week while in Lynchburg. The motel was a great deal and was close in proximity to Lynchburg. Will definitely stay here again when in the Lynchburg area. Enjoyed having a fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business