“Convenient location”

Timberlake Motel Lynchburg
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is obviously an older motel, but it has been maintained resonably well. There's nothing fancy about the Timberlake, but it serves its purpose. The rooms are clean; the matresses and box springs are sealed in plastic against bed bugs, each room has a mini fridge and small microwave. The motel is located just outside of town, but Lynchburg is very close & there is convenient shopping and restaurants. For quick snacks, there is a 7-11 within walking distance, and the motel offers continental breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank MyPi

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Clean, safe and nice staff. A pleasant young man checked my reservation at the front desk, I was VERY pleased with the room! The hall smelled smoky, but the room was not smoky. The room and bathroom was obviously recently remodeled. New furnishings, new linens, golden bedspreads, fluffy pillows, and new carpet. In the room, there was a hairdryer, microwave, small refrigerator, new TV (although I don't care to watch it), phone and a desk with a mirror. (no alarm clock, but I use my mobile phone anyway.) The bathroom had a new shower with a curtain rod that curves and gives you more elbow room. They had complementary small soaps and small shampoo packets. The maid was nice when I asked for more towels, and when I returned, she had done it. There were vending machines for snacks and drinks. A BIG bonus was the breakfast that is included. Coffee, tea, juice, cereal, toast, and waffle (make your own) was available for self service from 6-9am. Even though I was late to breakfast one day, they didn't blink and kept it supplied until 9:30. It was yummy. I made a suggestion to the management (or owner) and found that they changed it by the next day. They seem to get a lot of construction workers that stay there as well as some families, but everyone seemed friendly. I will stay there next time I go to Liberty University area. It was a 6 minute drive to the university... all highway. Thanks for pricing it affordably. I didn't say "excellent" because lack of amenities (laundry, lobby, footman, fitness center).

Room Tip: I would choose a room closest to the breakfast room because it is further away from the smoking room...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here because I was goin snowboarding with some friends at Liberty Mountain Snowflex Centre. Found it on Priceline and booked it because it was cheap and close. The stay wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything special. Saw a bug crawling across the tv upon entering the room, but didn't see any others. Housekeeping didn't come in and clean during our two night stay

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank kristinaIPPS
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The outside didn't look super, but once inside the room, it was refreshingly clean and spacious. The manager was a very helpful guy, and the atmosphere was great. I would recommend anyone in the area to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Oh my goodness where do I begin? When we arrived there were lots of shady looking characters standing around the entrances.

Even though we requested a non-smoking room we were first put into a heavily smoking room that said non-smoking on the outside but had ashtrays inside. They moved us to a room that had less of the smoking smell. But the hallways are full of smoke.

The room was pretty clean with a refrigerator and a microwave. There was also a hair dryer. But there was no ironing board or iron. There's a tiny gated pool right next to the interstate that
looked fairly clean.

The bed was the hardest bed I have ever laid on. There were two skinny pillows that were about an inch thick. After staying there for two nights I was having
multiple back and neck spasms. It was extremely uncomfortable.

But the most concerning factor was safety. We observed questionable
looking young women coming and going periodically from the motel. Men were
hanging around all the entrances at all times of day and night. It just wasn't the
kind of place that we wanted our seven-year-old daughter to be.

We appreciated the clean rooms and the lady at the front desk was accommodating to our needs. That's about the only positive thing I can say.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank JoLynneJones
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Great value for dollar. Ask in person for specials, cheaper than booking on Internet. Not the ritz, but for the price you are paying it's a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We were happy with the room and the location for the price. It was clean, the bed was ok, and there were no odors. I think they use a lot of Febreeze, which is a good thing in my book. It's a privately owned older property, so if you are looking for 3 stars you will be disappointed. We think it's great for a quick trip to Lynchburg, and will be staying there again when we are in the area.

Breakfast is refined carbs and coffee, not for us, but the 7Eleven next door is open 24/7 and there are lots of fine fooderies in the area, with the exception of the Country Cookin' on Timberlake Road, fair warning.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family