“Love their lunch wraps and sandwhichs-especially boxed lunches”
Review of The Farm Basket

The Farm Basket
Ranked #80 of 313 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Bury St Edmunds
“Love their lunch wraps and sandwhichs-especially boxed lunches”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We planned a hike in the blue ridge parkway and stopped by here to get one of their box lunches. What a treat. Sandwhich, chips, desert all for $8 or $9.
Great wraps with non standard combinations that really turned out great! Really feels like a warm and welcoming place in the restaurant in the back. We love it!

Sam Hendricks, author Fantasy Football Guidebook

• Visited September 2012

Tampa
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Farm Basket is one of our always "go-tos" when we visit our daughter at Lynchburg College.
It is a great mix: high end things to buy, beautiful plants and great home-made food for lunch.
Go upstairs to eat your lunch, the view is tremendous. I noticed that some folks didn't like the food, but I thought it was great. They do have some different sides not normally seen, like frozen fruit salad. I loved it. Great desserts too.

• Visited September 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Day trip lunch”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The Farm Basket was an interesting stop on our day trip through Lynchburg and surrounding area. I got lost (don't get on an expressway, stay on the old 501), but that gave us a chance to see some gorgeous homes in that section of Lynchburg. Food was okay, but interesting: sweet potato biscuits with country ham, tomato aspic, carmel cake. Good coffee. A little on the pricey side for the serving size. For example, a tiny (I MEAN tiny) ice cream cone was $2.00. They get in a little bit of a hurry and almost throw the food on the table, but, otherwise, were quite pleasant. The shops are interesting to browse - plants, kitchen ware, candies, housewares, wines. Nice view over a little woodsy creek. I'd go back again, but I won't rush to get there.

• Visited May 2012
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Cute place but weird tasting food...”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This place has a ton of charm and great views but I, along with everyone I was there with, was very disappointed in the food. It was very plain and the side items were weird tasting. We all tasted each other's food and all agreed we wouldn't be back because we threw away a lot of food nobody liked. If you know something you like to eat there, it's a cute place, but not for me!

• Visited February 2012
High Point, North Carolina
“terrific shop--one stop shopping for lunch and gifts!”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

A terrific shop--perfect place to grab lunch, pick up a few plants, as well as a few gifts for others. Loved it!

• Visited June 2011

Been to The Farm Basket? Share your experiences!