“Best hotel for the $”

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Concord, North Carolina
“Best hotel for the $”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

If you are looking for a plush inn this is not for you. If you are looking for a wonderfully white glove clean, run by a wonderful staff hotel; book now!
Room was basic, bed was comfortable, good amount of room to move around, shower was good; didn't like the shower head much, but it did the job well. Had good size flat screen TV, wall air conditioner/heater worked well; almost too well. Room had all the necessities; soap, shampoo, facial tissue, paper for notes, hair dryer, & coffee pot. Most important thing it was clean from doorway to toilet/shower!
Location was good, right off of bus29 Lynchburg EXPY N. & easy to get to Liberty University, and lots of restaurants.
Would I stay there again? YES YES YES!

Room Tip: I always like the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lars05
Manager_Econo185, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We love to see reviews that let us know that our guests are happy and feel comfortable when visiting us! I am thrilled that the most important thing to you, cleanliness is also the most important thing to us! We look forward to seeing you again!

Jennifer Keenan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Gloucester, Virginia, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We attended a men's conference at Liberty University and lodged at this particular hotel, mainly due to the rating on Trip Advisor and the reasonable cost...the two ladies I spoke to leading up to our visit there were very helpful, adjusting the number of rooms I had originally reserved per my request. Great experience, and plan on staying there again for the 2015 conference!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us while at the Men’s Wildfire Conference. I am pleased to know that you made your lodging choices with us based on the reviews of past guests, and took the time to leave your review as well. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to all of the members of our staff, and praise them on making altering your reservations as easy as possible. We look forward to seeing you again for the 2015 conference as well.

Jennifer Keenan
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I had booked several rooms here based on the good reviews here on Trip Advisor for a family function in Lynchburg. I had the chance to look at the rooms prior to the guests arriving. I had been skeptical at first only because it is an Econo Lodge, but once I had a chance to see the rooms, the decent location of the hotel, and meet Debbie at the front desk who took such good care of me and my guests, all apprehensions were gone.

Rooms are basic, a little dated, but very clean and the beds were very comfortable.

I would highly recommend this place if you need a room to stay in, in Lynchburg.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_Econo185, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for your review, I am glad that both past reviews helped make your decision to make your reservations, in addition your review will help make the decision for future guests. We do understand your thoughts on what to expect from an Econo Lodge – but we like to think that we are not your typical Econo Lodge and take pride in showing that. We are in the process of adding the new décor (by the end of February 2014) and also adding the breakfast room (also before the end of February 2014).
I will be sure to pass your kind words on to all of the front desk staff, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Columbia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Debi and Jennifer are great! They went out of their way to help us. The room was clean and comfortable. If you don't need an exercise room and other frills, don't bother paying more. This place is really comfortable. The breakfast is also no frills, but it's all we need, and again, D and J are very accommodating.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JuAnAn_12
Thank you for your kind words, I will be sure to pass these on to Debi as well. I am glad that you found our rooms to be comfortable and most importantly clean. While we do not have many amenities, we are working on adding more to do – but most are outdoor for enjoyment during the spring, summer, and fall. We are in the process of adding hot items and a breakfast room, which will also add more space for the breakfast meal (or waking up!). We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to this area!

Cortland, New York
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We enjoyed another great stay at Econo Lodge on a recent Friday and Monday. As before everything was fantastic! Jennifer the GM and her Mom Debi make you feel at home as soon as you walk in. Nothing is too much to ask for. Since we were last here they have changed remote controls...They are made by Clean World, and Jennifer showed us how they could remove the batteries and throw the remote in the dishwasher. Very good idea-for the place in the room that attracts the most germs.
They are in the process of making a new breakfast room, and have been researching foods to serve. Certainly a bonus for this hotel.
I highly recommend a stay at this hotel, and would be more than happy to answer any specific questions.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurie P
Manager_Econo185, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
WELCOME HOME! We love seeing you!!!! I am glad that you have found your home away from home in our property. We have construction almost complete and you will get to enjoy our beautiful breakfast room in the very near future!!!!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Econo lodge was your basic hotel, but the rooms were clean and modern. The staff was fantastic. I had forgot my business note book and they were kind enough to mail it back to me with any charges. The tv selection was plenty to pick from. The nicest was the breakfast the next morning. Everything was fresh and especially the coffee was good. I am a coffee lover and enjoy it when I come across good coffee. Good price, good room, and good food. 3 most important things for me when I am on the road.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words – we take pride in the cleanliness and “up-to-date” levels of our property. I am so pleased that you found our staff to be enjoyable and that we returned your lost notebook quickly. I am also glad that you were pleased with our television, we are still in the process of adding even more channels. I love your three important things – because when I travel – they are about the same for me! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

New Market, Maryland
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Let me begin - this is an Econo Lodge, not the Hilton. The place was very clean and had all of the things one would want - iron, fridge, microwave, new flat screen TV just installed while we were there. Also some of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. All at a good price. The thing that put the place over the top for us was the staff - Jennifer the GM and her mom who also works there were superb and some of the most helpful and friendly hotel staff I have come across in years of travel for both business and pleasure.

Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back away from the highway
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank H_Viator
Thank you for your kind words, we (as a team) all work very hard to maintain a clean and safe property. I am so glad that you were pleased with the ammenties that are offered in the rooms – we are in the process of renovating all of our rooms, with about 50% completed. I am also thrilled that our staff was the best of the best – which is what we strive for. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

General Mananger