“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Dothan, Alabama
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Wonderful place to stay in Lynchburg. I've stayed four times. The staff is very friendly and provide great service. The hotel is super clean, and the atmosphere is calm and relaxing. The restaurant has excellent food for both breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Summerfield, North Carolina
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Kirkley very much. It is nicely decorated, has an indoor pool and a fitness room. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We especially liked the dining room but I was sorry to hear that I didn't take advantage of the free breakfast coupon offered to those who make on-line reservations. It was my mistake.

Room Tip: We are two families so we got adjoining rooms which we greatly appreciated.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I first want to say.. I had visited this hotel before for two weeks and I had amazing service. But my last week stay was a nightmare. For three days, the hotel was out of hot water on my floor. When I asked them about it, they said that had booked too many rooms. When I tried to rectify, the situation, they offered me certificates for another stay. The thing is.. I only came to Lynchburg VA to finish my intensives for my Masters program. The manager said, "That's all I can do".
I guess I don't expect much from a hotel, but I at least want hot water. Is that too much to ask for? Bear in mind, the temperature at the time was around 15 degrees. I encourage everyone to stay at national hotel chains, where they actually treat customers with respect and dignity. Skip the Kirkley and head elsewhere!

Room Tip: Don't choose any room here.. It's like playing roulette.. worse.. horrible. or even more hor...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank coachmemore
Seaford, Virginia
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We recently stayed for one night while attending a field hockey tournament at Lynchburg College. The hotel was very nice and clean. My youngest child enjoyed the pool. We were a little disappointed that the hot tub was removed. But the restaurant had an excellent menu. The steak was perfect!!! The location was great, right across the street from the mall and movie theatre. We will stay there if we ever go back to Lynchburg!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor at the end of the hallway. It was so quiet!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Sherry H
Middleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Second time staying here while visiting Lynchburg College. Very convenient location with plenty of shops and restaurants close by. Very clean and rooms are spacious. After a 10 hour drive the staff was able to recommend a take out pizza place and supply us with plates and utensils so that we could dine in the comfort of our room. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. Would definitely book again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jacksarah
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Intensive classes are very stressful, but the Kirkley makes my stay much more relaxing. The staff is always very friendly and go above and beyond to provide comfortable accommodations for me every time I've stayed with them. It's also very convenient having a restaurant right there in the hotel with a nice hot breakfast. And the chocolate torte cake is amazing!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kathy M
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My first time to stay at Kirkley, and was pleased with the facilities (strong wireless - big plus) and the people behind the desk. It's nicely located near many restaurants and Highway 460. The chicken saag at the Indian restaurant nearby (interestingly named "Milan") was delicious.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business