“Good hotel close to wedding venue & restaurants.”

Holiday Inn Lynchburg
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for wedding. Had to ask for maid service. Restaurant in hotel never open but walked to Market on Main - a restaurant for awesome inexpensive Brkfst & lunch. Pool area nice. Some gym equip broken. Tea room near by that was very nice too and the Depot Grill brewery very good too.

• Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Lynchburg

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We were there for college graduation. We had honeymoon suite. Big room, clean, but some things could use updating. The bed was comfortable, TV was flat screen that swiveled. The bathroom, there was a heart shaped tub that had 2 shower heads in it. Tub drained very slow & it was hard to get into the shower. It was nice to have a big refrigerator. There isn't much options for late night food, unless you order in. The restaurant is Peruvian food, but the bartender Tony was very nice & friendly. Elvis who I think was a bell man, he was very pleasant to speak with. The front desk staff lacked that hospitality spirit. Unless you ask, they will just have you sign & give you your keys. I think that housekeeping was short staffed. We were gone all day & before we left we asked the housekeeper to clean our room. All she did was take our towels & didn't replace them! We had to ask for towels & by 6pm we said forget it for cleaning our room. It's not her fault, it's management. I work for hotels, I would stay here again, but I wouldn't pay more than $150 for a room here.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Truly downtown but near to area colleges which are just minutes away. Older property that's in good shape, King suite room was very large. Fairly limited restaurant choices for a quick meal downtown, but the nearby Depot Grill is a standout in the area.
Pet friendly, we used to stay at the Kirkley Inn which is no longer pet friendly :( unfortunately. Easy curbside drop off with free parking in the municipal garage just next door.
Will stay here next time we're in Lynchburg.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because of close proximity to Big Island, VA. The exterior of the hotel is showing its age but the room itself was nice. The parking garage could use a little more light as well. Ate breakfast twice in hotel restaurant and it was decent. There are several restaurant choices for dinner including Waterstone 's which was really good.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

When I was at the hotel for a school function I left my grandmother ring she gave me. This lady looked for it and called me on her personal phone and is mailing it back to me. This is awesome customer service. I will be sending her a nice reward. And you are doing a good job hiring caring staff. Thank you ELLEN. should be employee of the month.
Mikayla Clarke

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 26, 2014

A very pleasant hotel. A bargain for the price in a city that needs places like this in the downtown. The staff was attentive, the room clean and well appointed. I wood recommend this location over all others in the city

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor so you can see the city
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed here for two days for business. The hotel itself if nice and clean. My room was modern, spacious and comfortable. The restaurant was nice and the food was good. I do feel that the staff were a little unhelpful in some areas, but not a real big deal. I just wanted to mention that since everyone else seems so over the moon for them and I can't see why. All those staff members they're raving about must have been on vacation when I stayed. I had a 45 minute check-in headache due to lack of communication when I booked the room. But overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business