“Excellent service, comfie beds, nice staff”

Holiday Inn Lynchburg
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I showed up late at night after a fight with my sister; I was from out of town, staying at her house, due to the death of my father. Emotions were too high. I needed to be alone. I burst into tears while checking in, and the lovely person at the registration desk could not have been nicer. She was sweet and kind, gave me a nice room and a coupon for breakfast the next morning. The rest of the staff was just as kind and professional throughout my stay. I ended up booking a conjoining room for my family who came later for the funeral. We stayed a few days, had dinner in the restaurant--very nice, service excellent, food quite good. Breakfast was a welcome southern fare. Grits, biscuits and gravy, etc. I've lived in the north too long, and I welcomed all of the southern food and hospitality. I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly. For some reason, my attempt to give it five stars is not going through. TripAdvisor, be aware. I give this hotel a five in all categories, no matter what else you see.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I would like to commend one of the employees for excellent service given to me and my family. Mr. Anthony Slaughter was superb in his professionalism and hospitality. He is truly a valuable asset!!!!!

Room Tip: Ensure that the room is free of pets if you have allergies.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Clean Rooms, Excellent Service and great location. This hotel was perfect for a weekend trip to Lynchburg. Bar, Restaurant on site with great food. Walking distance of coffee shops, restaurants and the waterfront park. Waterfront has great trails, bike rentals and ties into the Hertitage Trail that is the rail to trail program.

Room Tip: Our room was non smoking and we had a microwave and refrigerator. Great water pressure in shower.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed here while I was in town for a medical school interview. I am overall pleased. I got a great deal on priceline so I am definitely happy with the quality of room I got for the price paid. The front desk attendant was very friendly and made sure I had everything I need to have a great stay. They happily brought me up an extra comforter. My room was clean and the house keeping staff I encountered was more than happy to answer my questions. The rooms are a little dark as far as lighting but no major complaints! I would recommend this property and return if I am in Lynchburg again. There is a train that goes by for those that are light sleepers.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is an older property that needs updating, but as far as hotels within walking distance of good restaurants, bars, and the river, this is one of the only ones in Lynchburg.
The hotel, itself, if passable: there is covered parking within a few yards of the hotel (great for winter), and there is a restaurant/bar within the hotel, which is pretty decent, the rooms are a little dated, but not too bad -- most notably in the bathroom.
I will stay here again (I have already stayed here twice), mostly for the location. There are unique restaurants and drinking holes within a short walk from the hotel, which for me is a must when I travel for business.
If you want to eat at the Olive Garden or at Applebees, the HI Express or Hilton Garden Inn would probably be preferable, but if you want something authentic from Lynchburg, stay downtown.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear USA_style,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed one night for a music event held off site (Mangia). Check in was fast and easy. Room was clean, mattress comfy and heating system was excellent....very cold night! Had drinks at bar and the lobby was busy with a Bridal Expo. Front desk recommended Taxi to Limo and they provided round trip door to door service to Mangia (fabulous Italian meal)at a reasonable fare. We walked 2 blocks to Market on Main for excellent breakfast.

Room Tip: 406 has view of pool..covered in snow
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed one night in February (thank God). Tired and in desperate need of an entire facelift. And I mean a gutting. Hallways are musty, lobby had no heat, rooms are well worn, grout in bathroom was multi-coloured from grime.
Staff was grat on check in but that's the only dealing I had with them. Too bad the owners don't revitalize this old hotel like the area around it is trying to do.
Good luck.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Vancouver_CanadaRick,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations.

I read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and truly sorry for we fell below your standards on most of the services and amenities that we provide. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M