“IHG - your standards are in question here”

Holiday Inn Lynchburg
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed one night in February (thank God). Tired and in desperate need of an entire facelift. And I mean a gutting. Hallways are musty, lobby had no heat, rooms are well worn, grout in bathroom was multi-coloured from grime.
Staff was grat on check in but that's the only dealing I had with them. Too bad the owners don't revitalize this old hotel like the area around it is trying to do.
Good luck.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Vancouver_CanadaRick,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations.

I read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and truly sorry for we fell below your standards on most of the services and amenities that we provide. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Lynchburg

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had to work in the Lynchburg area this past week. I searched for a decent hotel, at a decent price. You can find a decent hotel but not a decent price. Or a decent price but not a decent hotel. I think that the whole city is way overpriced for what you get. Anyway, I found this hotel. It was ok, and I will stay here again when I am in the area. The problem was you have to pay for one room when you book non refundable. That is ok, but sometimes my schedule changes on a daily basis.(As I am sure many others do also) . If you don't book online, and walk in the rate for the first night is $30.00 more. Which I think is not right. The room was clean and very comfortable. It is what you expect form a Holiday Inn. There is a pool but closed due to the time of year. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant/ bar in the lobby, therefore there is no continental breakfast. You can get breakfast in the restaurant. There are lots of good local (not chains) places close by to eat. a lot you can walk to. The parking is in the city parking deck, which is included in the room price. They do allow pets, if that is an issue. Not the greatest place I have stayed, but by far not the worse either. I got a room on the top floor, it was very quite. I always try and get a higher floor so there is no one above you making noise. The elevator was fast, so you didn't have a long wait. Overall it was a nice place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2014

For a Holiday inn property, this place is surprisingly nice. Much better than the HI express over by the college. I would stay here instead. They may give a breakfast coupon to you, they did us. The rooms were nice and they provided a pull-out bed when we arrived late into the night. Good service. Park in a garage right next to the place, can walk very easily between, and don't have to pay for parking either.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I recently stayed at your facility with my 81 year old friend. We were attending a conference and due to health issues she was unable to attend the second day. Anthony S. and Tiffany A. were extremely helpful in assisting me with her by checking on her and keeping me in contact during my mandatory training. They went above and beyond their duties. Everytime we entered the hotel we were greeted by them with smiles and a welcoming attitude! The breakfast was very good and the wait staff was also courteous and knowledgeable of the menu. The room was also very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I know that I will stay here again when I return to the area!

Room Tip: Our room had a great view of the mountain!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Valerie Y
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Holiday Inn Lynchburg, Va. is a very nice place to stay. staff, accommodations all A+. The restaurant was very clean, food was excellent, and the wait staff and hostess were all exceptional. Very reasonable prices.

Room Tip: the hotel assigned our room, we couldn't have been more pleased. Quiet and comfortable, near the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I had a very pleasant experience with this hotel... the staff was excellent, courteous, friendly, and there smiles were very welcoming. My room was in tip top shape nice and clean, And the breakfast was wonderful. the meal arrived in a timely manner and the help went above and beyond to please us. I would recommend this hotel to all... Thanks holiday Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had not been to Lynchburg before. The location is very nice in downtown Lynchburg, lots of interesting buildings from different time periods all within walking distance of hotel. A quirky downtown. Parlor Lofts, YWCA, some sort of antique car shop.

As stated, room was clean and spacious. Went for King executive, as it was only 7 dollars more than the standard double.

The restaurant has a good Peruvian chef, I very much liked the loma saltado, and another in party had the Peruvian seafood special, and it had scallops, calimari and mahi-mahi in a delicious, spicy sauce.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends