Holiday Inn Lynchburg
Travelocity
$124
Fairfield Inn
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsparking garagefront deskroom was cleanin townoutdoor poolhistoric downtownexercise roomstaff was friendlyliberty universityelvislobbyweddingvirginia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Rooms were a little small but clean. Noise was very minimal in room. Restaurant was always very crowded and noisy in the evening for parties. Decent food but expensive. Pet friendly but barely any room to walk them outside. Pool was very small.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Very nicey appointed, clean and the staff was very friendly. They made me feel very welcome.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Lynchburg, VA for a IAAP Conference. The staff was very accommodating and a pleasure to deal with. The staff faced overwhelming circumstances, sue to the severe storms that hit Virginia that weekend, however handled everything beautifully!
Elijah was the Manager on Duty, and did an exceptional job!
Thanks again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your review! We too are proud of our staff and the way that they pulled together to get the residents of our city through that trying time. We are glad to hear that your event went well, leading up to and during the aftermath of the storm.

We look forward to hosting your event again in the future.

Tony Camm

Reviewed July 5, 2012

During the power outage in the area, I lucked out and got a hotel room early in the morning, checking in that afternoon. They said, "No Early Check In". I got there right at 3pm and it was packed. The place was booked, I asked for two nights, he said, "no problem".

I ordered room service at the start of dinner service at 6. By 7:30 I was still waiting, stomach growling. I called and they said it was "coming right up". By 8:30 still no dinner. I called at told them to forget it, and went to Shakers, the only restaurant open that night with no power.

Went back to my room, had a good night's sleep. Woke up and found the receipt under my door. I called the front desk and they said I only had the room for one night. I told them I'd asked for two and they said NO.

They were understaffed for the onslaught of customers. They didn't seem to make an effort to appropriately staff the hotel to accommodate for the guests.

I realize it was a bad situation, but you'd think they'd jump at the chance to serve--it is a hotel after all. They all acted like they were doing us a favor.

Bathroom was dirty and no towels. Had to ask a few times for some towels. It was so hot and I just wanted to take a shower and rest and cool off.

Grateful I got the room, but the treatment I got wasn't all that great for this type of hotel--or so I thought.

Room Tip: Don't book here during a crisis. Don't get a room near the pool side, very noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank KCS1958
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your review! I am sorry to hear that your experience with us during that time was less than desirable. Our staff worked to the best of their abilities during that "state of emergency" situation to ensure the safety and comfort of all of our guests, as many of the letters and guest comments and reviews that we've received have acknowledged. Invariably, some functions of the hotel did not run smoothly, and we apologize to you for that. We hope that you will consider us , as well as other Holiday Inn Hotels in your future travels.

Tony Camm

Reviewed June 26, 2012

At one point this was once a nice property. Those days apparently are getting further into the past.

Arriving at the property late in the evening on what was apparently a busy night we passed a hooker, her pimp and finally, at the front door of the property, a street person begging for money. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and assured me that the building and parking area were safe.

I parked my vehicle in the adjacent hotel garage and walked down an unlit staircase to the hotel. Given my observations of the other activities in the area, walking down the unlit staircase in the otherwise empty garage, with limited security camera coverage, didn't leave me feeling warm and fuzzy.

The room itself appeared to be reasonably clean and well kept. The property, although near or at capacity, was quiet.

Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was average with the unpleasant surprise that the two "breakfast" vouchers only covered a small portion of our otherwise "normal" (standard omllettes) breakfast. So much for the free included breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business